Transportation for 10 in Ft Lauderdale...

KStevens79

Hi all,

I am in need of transportation for 10 people, 6 adults and 4 children (2 need car seats). I am thinking of renting two mini vans to get us from FLL to hotel as we arrive two days pre-cruise and plan to go out to dinner and to a grocery store; we'll return them on Saturday night.

We'll need to get from hotel to PE and PE to FLL.

Thanks for helping!

Karen

We have done this exact same thing...Rented a minivan from Budget at FLL with carseat.

Stayed at Hyatt Place and returned the car to their 17th Street location the night before cruise...easy quick walk back to the hotel. Then used http://www.southfloridashuttles.com to pick us up from hotel (they brought a carseat) take us to the port and then picked us back up after cruise and took us to the airport. This is a great company and would highly recommend them.

FYI...we love Hyatt Place great location and right next door to the Harbor Shopping center which has a Publix market several shops and a great place to eat called Duffy's.

We use http://www.valuetrips.com to book Hyatt Place and use Costco to book our car rental.

• 2 weeks later...
If you stay at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach, there is a free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the cruise port.

I wanted to know if they've changed their policy recently for the free shuttle to the cruise port. I've noticed on TripAdvisor reviews that people had to pay $10/pp?

I've stayed here before but it was a couple of years ago. Back then it was free.

Can anyone confirm?

Hi all,

I am in need of transportation for 10 people, 6 adults and 4 children (2 need car seats). I am thinking of renting two mini vans to get us from FLL to hotel as we arrive two days pre-cruise and plan to go out to dinner and to a grocery store; we'll return them on Saturday night.

We'll need to get from hotel to PE and PE to FLL.

Thanks for helping!

Karen

If it was just overnight I would advise against renting the vans, which will be expensive, but for two nights you can probably justify renting them.

I would also check ww.sunny.org for hotels within walking distance of restaurants, shops and the beach - you could use two van-taxis to get from FLL to your hotel and hotel to PE and save the $$ you'll spend on car rentals. Bring your own car seats - the airline will check them for free - so that you know that they are properly sized and maintained. ;)

If it was just overnight I would advise against renting the vans, which will be expensive, but for two nights you can probably justify renting them.

I would also check http://www.sunny.org for hotels within walking distance of restaurants, shops and the beach - you could use two van-taxis to get from FLL to your hotel and hotel to PE and save the $$ you'll spend on car rentals. Bring your own car seats - the airline will check them for free - so that you know that they are properly sized and maintained. ;)

I had thought about that, but the thought of lugging car seats on and off the ship and then storing them in our cabin didn't sound like much of a vacation to me.

I think I have it figured out now. Now if United would quit changing our flights I'd have it made!

Ashland,

Thanks for the suggestion of South Florida Shuttles! We'll be using them to get to the ship and then to FLL. I made my reservation by phone and they were very nice, and prompt at returning my call.

Thanks!

Karen

I had thought about that, but the thought of lugging car seats on and off the ship and then storing them in our cabin didn't sound like much of a vacation to me.

I think I have it figured out now. Now if United would quit changing our flights I'd have it made!

Ashland,

Thanks for the suggestion of South Florida Shuttles! We'll be using them to get to the ship and then to FLL. I made my reservation by phone and they were very nice, and prompt at returning my call.

Thanks!

Karen

Hate those flight changes...they seem to be happening more often when booking far ahead...especially American and Delta for my booked flights. I watch them carefully...just spent an hour on the phone (on hold) with American last night to make an outbound request from a flight they had changed...but it all worked out....I knew what flight I wanted to be changed to and seats request...I'm always ready with this info and this only took 5 min..but that wait time at midnight...yikes !!!

You're very welcome about South Florida Shuttles...they were just wonderful to us. Showed up early and loaded our luggage while my son installed the car seat for his 3 year old toddler...you must install due to liability issues...but wouldn't have it any other way (Daddy) knew what he was doing.

When they picked us up once we made the call they were there is less than 10 min from where they have to wait. We had 3 airline terminals for our family's departure and they stopped at all three with quick efficiency ..Will definitely use and recommend them again.

Hate those flight changes...they seem to be happening more often when booking far ahead...especially American and Delta for my booked flights. I watch them carefully...just spent an hour on the phone (on hold) with American last night to make an outbound request from a flight they had changed...but it all worked out....I knew what flight I wanted to be changed to and seats request...I'm always ready with this info and this only took 5 min..but that wait time at midnight...yikes !!!

You're very welcome about South Florida Shuttles...they were just wonderful to us. Showed up early and loaded our luggage while my son installed the car seat for his 3 year old toddler...you must install due to liability issues...but wouldn't have it any other way (Daddy) knew what he was doing.

When they picked us up once we made the call they were there is less than 10 min from where they have to wait. We had 3 airline terminals for our family's departure and they stopped at all three with quick efficiency ..Will definitely use and recommend them again.

Yes, our flights were changed for the worse. Six of us are flying out of LAX, four out of Denver; meeting in Houston and then on to FLL. The Denver flight was changed to fly into Chicago and then to FLL arriving two and a half hours before our LAX flight gets to FLL. Luckily I have us all meeting up in Houston and on the same flight to FLL. Now to keep an eye our flights!

Then I realized they changed my May fight to Colorado Springs too. It's only me on that flight and I now arrive two hours early so I'm happy!

Thanks again for your help! I was really stressing about our transportation!

Take care,

Karen

Yes, our flights were changed for the worse. Six of us are flying out of LAX, four out of Denver; meeting in Houston and then on to FLL. The Denver flight was changed to fly into Chicago and then to FLL arriving two and a half hours before our LAX flight gets to FLL. Luckily I have us all meeting up in Houston and on the same flight to FLL. Now to keep an eye our flights!

Then I realized they changed my May fight to Colorado Springs too. It's only me on that flight and I now arrive two hours early so I'm happy!

Thanks again for your help! I was really stressing about our transportation!

Take care,

Karen

I stressed out too about transportation when traveling with little ones...It's always been either the two of us or our adult children and their spouse's or girlfriend....Now it's traveling with grandchildren too...my how priorities change and new considerations come into play...but what great memories we're making.

Happy and safe travels to you and your family.