Westin Diplomat on Hotwire?

eyelovcrusin

I was searching for a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise end of March. Hotwire shows what I think is the Westin Diplomat, Hollywood Beach area for $109. What can anyone tell me about it? Are there any restaurants within walking distance or do you need to take a taxi? How far is the Boardwalk? Anyone book through Hotwire and got put at the golf resort and if so were you able to switch to the Beach resort ?

The amenities listed for the Diplomat are sometimes the same as those for the Crowne Plaza across and down the street. If Spa services are listed as the 9th amenity (you have to click on the continue button and then click on see all for the amenities, as only 8 show up on the main page), then that is usually a good sign it is the Dilplomat. They also list the Diplomat Country Club on there quite often with the same set of amenities, with the addition of Boutique Hotel in the list. As far as I know, if you get the golf course, that's where you stay.

Edited to add. I just had a look at your dates (March 24-26 I think) and I also beleive it to be the Diplomat on the beach. I`m showing $106.

I would love to know if you do end up getting the WD for 106.00. Thanks- Susie

I see it a lot on betterbidding for even less than that at certain times of the year. I guess because it's just such a large hotel and the market for upscale hotels like that is soft right now. Of course, not the night I was after it LOL.

I booked last month and got the hotel for $95.00 for early Feb. I believe what is being offered now would still be a good deal. Also, there is a trolly stop by the hotel. For $1.00 a trip, the trolly will go up and down the main street. You can take it up to the Boardwalk.

I booked a 4* hotel in Hollywood on Hotwire for January 2011 and received the Westin Diplomat for $89. I emailed to verify my reservation and was informed I had a reservation at the Golf resort. They offered to switch me to the Beach resort for an additional $20. I took them up on their offer. $109 for a family with 2 kids! The kids are excited about the pools and beach.

The price through online hotel reservation sites was nearly $350.

I booked a 4* hotel in Hollywood on Hotwire for January 2011 and received the Westin Diplomat for $89. I emailed to verify my reservation and was informed I had a reservation at the Golf resort. They offered to switch me to the Beach resort for an additional $20. I took them up on their offer. $109 for a family with 2 kids! The kids are excited about the pools and beach.

Congrats on an awesome deal. Nice to know they would move you over to the beach.

I would have kept the golf resort.Its the nicest hotel in the area and they have a free shuttle to the beach hotel and back every halh hour .

With kids I would spend the extra couple of bucks and avoid the hassle of the shuttle. The beach hotel is a great property.

I did book through Hotwire 4* Hollywood Beach $109 for March 25-27 (spring break) and got the Weston Hollywood Beach Resort. Glad I didn't have to hassle switching from the golf resort as we don't golf and I prefer not to take the shuttle. Any restaurant recommendations either by the hotel or on the Boardwalk? I understand there is a trolley that can take us there for $1. Anyone know if the trolley will get us to downtown Hollywood as well?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem going to call the hotel tomorrow and see if I can get it switched.;)

With kids I would spend the extra couple of bucks and avoid the hassle of the shuttle. The beach hotel is a great property.

The Westin Diplomat oceanfront is much nicer than the golf resort. It was completely overhauled in the late 1990s to the tune of several hundred million dollars and it looks like it.

Coolest pool in South Florida and your kids will love it.

If you stay here precruise how much is cab fare to the port? How much is cab fare from the airport (FLL). This is a great price but was wondering if it's better to stya near the port?

I asked the hotel and they said it was $20 to the port and it was a shuttle from the airport $25 pp.. I still have to see if these quotes are correct

FYI - Just got a rate of $91/night for pre-cruise at the Westin Diplomat. Am curious if I will really need a car or can we (myself, DH, and 2 kids) just hang out at the hotel for 2+ days. What is within walking distance? Am also going to call the hotel to see if we are at the beach or golf location.

FYI - Just got a rate of $91/night for pre-cruise at the Westin Diplomat. Am curious if I will really need a car or can we (myself, DH, and 2 kids) just hang out at the hotel for 2+ days. What is within walking distance? Am also going to call the hotel to see if we are at the beach or golf location.

Just got the same hotel again for $94 a night with Hotwire April 1 - 5.. had no problem changing over to the Beach Resort from the Golf for pre cruise stay on Mar 19 and 20... will call tomorrow to switch the post cruise stay over to the Beach resort..

My confirmation from priceline has the beach resort address (in Hollywood) not the golf resort (in Hallendale). Hopefully this makes a difference. I will be very annoyed if they put us at the golf resort after saying we were bidding on something on the beach.

When DH and I were there in November, we did not have a car, but that was just for one day. I would think that you would be okay without a car, provided you don't mind spending time at the beach and poolside (which was not a problem for us). You can eat at the hotel, which might be a little expensive for the 4 of you, or you can strolll down the Boardwalk and eat at any of the many restraunts there. I would forgo the car, just because you will also have to pay to park it daily there. I would just rent a car just for the day, if you find yourself needing one. Just my thoughts.

My confirmation from priceline has the beach resort address (in Hollywood) not the golf resort (in Hallendale). Hopefully this makes a difference. I will be very annoyed if they put us at the golf resort after saying we were bidding on something on the beach.

From what I have been reading you do have the beach resort.. just to let you know not all rooms have balconies.. so if that is what you are looking for you may have to upgrade if they have anything available.. if not then you are good to go..;) I did read also that you will get a wrist band for the pool area.. do not lose it or it costs $100 to replace it:eek:

From what I have been reading you do have the beach resort.. just to let you know not all rooms have balconies.. so if that is what you are looking for you may have to upgrade if they have anything available.. if not then you are good to go..;) I did read also that you will get a wrist band for the pool area.. do not lose it or it costs $100 to replace it:eek:

I wonder if the wrist band thing is new. We stayed there last March and didn't have one. We will be returning for a pre-cruise stay this March as well. I hope they don't make us wear a wrist band....hate those things!

I wonder if the wrist band thing is new. We stayed there last March and didn't have one. We will be returning for a pre-cruise stay this March as well. I hope they don't make us wear a wrist band....hate those things!

I dont know when it was implemented but it did say they do that because the pool area is so close to the beach and to stop people wandering in from the beach:confused:

I dont know when it was implemented but it did say they do that because the pool area is so close to the beach and to stop people wandering in from the beach:confused:

We do this all the time or run over to the pool, grab chairs, and order drinks and food. We've never been asked for wrist bands however we do spend money so maybe that's why.

Archived