Rotterdam.

beaniele

Here is a link to Navigation Deck cabin photos on the Rotterdam class ships - they will be interchangeable so if you can find your number on one ship, it should be the same except the decor is changing along with in cabin amenities (electrical, TV, reading lights etc). http://halfacts.com/r-class/

Are you concerned about being under the Lido (not sure where those cabins are located specifically) - we have been in those cabins and never had any problem with outside noise. Always good to check what is above or below you.

The Neptune suites on all ships are wonderful. We personally like the ones closer to the Neptune Lounge so we can make easy trips to pick up any goodies and bring them back to our cabin. We find we spend a lot of time in our cabin when we have a Neptune and far less time being out and about on the ship. I will do both breakfast and lunch just from the Neptune snacks so I often don't even go to the Lido. I use it to graze lightly throughout the day, instead of having larger more formal meals for those first two of the day.

Here is a link to Navigation Deck cabin photos on the Rotterdam class ships - they will be interchangeable so if you can find your number on one ship, it should be the same except the decor is changing along with in cabin amenities (electrical, TV, reading lights etc). http://halfacts.com/r-class/

Are you concerned about being under the Lido (not sure where those cabins are located specifically) - we have been in those cabins and never had any problem with outside noise. Always good to check what is above or below you.

The Neptune suites on all ships are wonderful. We personally like the ones closer to the Neptune Lounge so we can make easy trips to pick up any goodies and bring them back to our cabin. We find we spend a lot of time in our cabin when we have a Neptune and far less time being out and about on the ship. I will do both breakfast and lunch just from the Neptune snacks so I often don't even go to the Lido. I use it to graze lightly throughout the day, instead of having larger more formal meals for those first two of the day.

Thank you. 7035 is shower only and just wondered, how the bathrooms might be different from suite with tub/shower.

I am trying to decide between 3 weeks in Alaska on the Maasdam, which i keep reading bad things about, and Rotterdam 24 day Boston to Boston all next year.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The last 6 cabins of the Neptune Suites have the huge overhang above and can interfere with your view. Seriously interfere.

Personally we like being under the Canaletto. No noise from the pool area and a great cabin.

We were in 7025 and the pics are on the website already mentioned. Hope this helps.

Thank you. 7035 is shower only and just wondered, how the bathrooms might be different from suite with tub/shower.

I am trying to decide between 3 weeks in Alaska on the Maasdam, which i keep reading bad things about, and Rotterdam 24 day Boston to Boston all next year.[emoji848]

Surprised you are not reading all the good things about the Maasdam too. Demonstrates the power of the few negative voices, who often have very dated experiences too. Humbling. There is a wonderful recent video of the Maasdam floating around here that may help you change your mind. Plus it seemed recently the Rotterdam was getting trashed by some of those same negative voices here too, much to the distress of those of us who have recently sailed many, many days on her.

It appears HAL is in the process of converting a lot of the bathtubs to larger walk-in showers - which I suppose will mean not having the former tub and the tiny separate shower which have both been found in the suites bathrooms. People have often complained about the height of the HAL Jacuzzi bathtubs being too dangerous to get in and out. But if your idea of a good cruise does include a good hot bath, the all shower units would be a problem.

PS - ten years ago before we took our first cruise on HAL on the Maasdam, I read perfectly awful things on CC about her too. Yet we have done many more days on her and are signed up for 34 more this September - 10 years later. Yes, she is 10 years older now but remains one of our favorites.

Occasional bad things can happen on any ship and on any cruise - and it can depend on where you are going - the older ships A/C tends to stress more when cruising near the equator plus HAL thinks 75 degrees is normal cabin temperature which can feel very hot in the tropics, though it is still 10 degrees cooler at least than the outdoors. We recently had strong vibrations on the Maasdam but this appeared to be a one-off experience and we were on a repositioning across hurricane alley the entire time. Captain had no time to spare to get to both the Panama Canal and San Diego to start a world cruise. And no one reported this happening on later cruises. So yes, plumbing can back up because people keep putting things down the system that don't belong and A/C can appear balky because some passengers insist on leaving their balcony doors open affecting everyone else on their system.

Most of these issues work out after a few days and a string of complaints to the front office by other passengers, particularly helpful to find out who is leaving their balcony door open.. But will they happen, can they happen? Yes, once does have a few realities about cruise ship travel, particularly on these older ships. Most/many put this into the ship happens category and concentrate all all the really wonderful parts of these great itinerary cruises.

Surprised you are not reading all the good things about the Maasdam too. Demonstrates the power of the negative voice. Humbling.

They are converting a lot of the bathtubs to larger walk-in showers - which I suppose will mean not having the former tub and the tiny separate shower both in the suite bathroom. People have often complained about the height of the HAL Jacuzzi bathtubs being too dangerous to get in and out. But if your idea of a good cruise does include a good hot bath, the all shower units would be a problem.

What tiny separate shower are you talking about on the Maasdam? The shower is part of the bathtub. There is no separate shower on the R & S ships -only on the vistas and above or in the PS. At least, that's been my experience.

Surprised you are not reading all the good things about the Maasdam too. Demonstrates the power of the negative voice. Humbling.

They are converting a lot of the bathtubs to larger walk-in showers - which I suppose will mean not having the former tub and the tiny separate shower both in the suite bathroom. People have often complained about the height of the HAL Jacuzzi bathtubs being too dangerous to get in and out. But if your idea of a good cruise does include a good hot bath, the all shower units would be a problem.

I do read both good and bad. Lately I have not seen very many good ones.

Anyway just still researching and trying to decide between to incredible itineraries. Holland does do great itineraries [emoji16].

The last 6 cabins of the Neptune Suites have the huge overhang above and can interfere with your view. Seriously interfere.

Personally we like being under the Canaletto. No noise from the pool area and a great cabin.

We were in 7025 and the pics are on the website already mentioned. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Will check it out.

What tiny separate shower are you talking about on the Maasdam? The shower is part of the bathtub. There is no separate shower on the R & S ships -only on the vistas and above or in the PS. At least, that's been my experience.
Sorry, talking about the Rotterdam. 7035 I put a hold on is shower only.

Sorry, talking about the Rotterdam. 7035 I put a hold on is shower only.

No need to apologize - I was quoting Old SS who said there is a separate shower.

Apologies - I think I forgot to say that the 6 cabins (both sides) that I mentioned are the aft cabins. 7035 would be one of them, I think.

No need to apologize - I was quoting Old SS who said there is a separate shower.

Apologies - I think I forgot to say that the 6 cabins (both sides) that I mentioned are the aft cabins. 7035 would be one of them, I think.

I was also hedging my bets keeping my comments non-ship specific, since I easily lose track of what ships have what facilities and all the new changes reported here are swirling around in my own brain. Good there are a lot of a back up fact checkers, always ready to set things right.

I do read both good and bad. Lately I have not seen very many good ones.

Anyway just still researching and trying to decide between to incredible itineraries. Holland does do great itineraries [emoji16].

Here is a great recent video about the Maasdam by Bellair: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2607321&highlight=bellair