Splendour Thoughts -- Stern Cabins

pmp223

Thinking of booking the Splendour for just a 2 night to Bahamas as we are staying in Ft. Lauderdale at the family home. Any thoughts on Cabins on the Stern balconies. There are two still available and have never stayed Stern balcony. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. :o

We have not been on the Splendor....yet ;) !

But we do love the aft balconies. The are usually deeper and a very nice place to hang out and relax. It usually pretty quiet too - because folks don't come back there unless they have a cabin. So there is not a lot of extra noise in the halls.

If you can get one I'd say go for it :D .

We stayed in cabin 7440 on the Splendor in July. It is next to the 9A wrap. We like to get the rear facing cabins whenever we can and have another one booked for the Glory on 9/13/08. The balcony is deeper and as mentioned earlier there is less traffic because people don't go back there unless they have a cabin there.

Get it if you can.

Here's some views of the aft balconies from the outside in Monaco (and yes, it's fun being the biggest ship in the Monaco harbor :p)...

2810123042_e816d8b436_b.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

2810124532_245630a18a_b.jpg

2810121398_641923290e_b.jpg

Here's some views of the aft balconies from the outside in Monaco (and yes, it's fun being the biggest ship in the Monaco harbor :p)...

2810123042_e816d8b436_b.jpg

2810124532_245630a18a_b.jpg

2810121398_641923290e_b.jpg

These pictures are wonderful. Thank you. Since there are so many bars, etc on this ship, can you give us some thoughts on what are complimentary items (pastries, coffee, sandwiches, etc) and which are extras. I am looking for descriptions of these things in brochure, CC, and I cannot find anything. We cruised Crown Princess in March and the brochure told you all about these things. We knew just where to go and what to avoid before getting on board. Maybe because Splendour is so new there are not a lot of reviews on this yet. Thank you. :)

These pictures are wonderful. Thank you. Since there are so many bars, etc on this ship, can you give us some thoughts on what are complimentary items (pastries, coffee, sandwiches, etc) and which are extras. I am looking for descriptions of these things in brochure, CC, and I cannot find anything. We cruised Crown Princess in March and the brochure told you all about these things. We knew just where to go and what to avoid before getting on board. Maybe because Splendour is so new there are not a lot of reviews on this yet. Thank you. :)

Quick run down:

• All food (buffets, deli, grill, pizzeria & dining rooms) is free.
  • Supper club (premium restaurant) costs $30pp.
  • Lemonade, Tea, (usually fruit) Punch, Coffee (Reg. & Decaf), Hot Chocolate is free from the beverage stations on Lido deck. Free after-dinner Coffee, Cappuccino in the Dining Room also.
  • Soft Drinks are sold by the can ($2.50), or you can purchase a soda card (~$6/day). You can also bring sodas onboard from port of embarkation
  • Pretty much anything with alcohol costs money (except for free drinks from the Captains Welcome Party as well as the Carnival Past Guest Party; and free champange at the Art Auction). Price lists can be found at the link in the above post.
  • Pastries/specialty coffees/cakes from Coffee Shop cost money
  • Sushi is free from Sushi bar on Deck 5 Promenade
  • Popcorn for Carnival Seaside Theater movies at night (the ones on the gigantic Lido deck screen) is $1.50 from the pool bar.
  • Free (usually 24 hour) softserve ice cream + toppings from Lido deck stations (Choco./Vanilla/Swirl)
  • Free 24 hour Room Service (although a small tip for the waiter is recommended)

I think that's mostly it...did I miss anything?:p

Lots of your other questions can also be answered in the Carnival FAQ

I have some more pics at the link in my signature if you want to see them. :D

Archived