What to do in Ashdod itself?

take us away

Have spent much time in Israel at the usual places and will be docking into Ashdod, which I have never toured beyond zooming past everything in a bus. Am not planning on leaving Ashdod this cruise so looking for recommendations on what to do in town.

Any help will be appreciated.

Not trying to convince the OP to do something you're not planning (I know what that's like :)), but for others reading who may be returning looking for alternatives, Ashkelon National Park is not that far away. Tel Beersheva and the Bedouin Museum in Lahav are an hour away, Mamshi t 90 minutes. Avdat, Ein Avdat & Shivta are under 2 hours away. Mizpeh Ramon overlooking Israel's "Grand Canyon", Maktesh Ramon, is about 2 hours. (Most of these are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and all are quite unique). The list could go on.

A licensed guide would be able to organize a day trip to a number of these sites for a great day out. We used to rent a car and sometimes drive from Jersualem to Eilat via Beersheva and the Maktesh to see other sites along the way.

Enjoy your time in the Land!

Edited by syesmar

Have spent much time in Israel at the usual places and will be docking into Ashdod, which I have never toured beyond zooming past everything in a bus. Am not planning on leaving Ashdod this cruise so looking for recommendations on what to do in town.

Any help will be appreciated.

The best thing about Ashdod is the bus/train station to Tel Aviv or elsewhere...

And I am not cynic here... I am serious...