Viking Sky- Mini review

dcruisers

We are experienced cruisers having cruised approximately 30 times on various cruiselines. After doing 2 Viking river cruises we decided to try Viking Ocean on the Sky -Venice to Rome itinerary. We traveled with 2 other couples. One couple also cruised with us on the 2 river cruises.

We toatally enjoyed the cruise. We loved the simple, serene decor and all the cozy places to relax. The food was very good, the staff professional, friendly and helpful. The entertainment- though not like mega cruise lines, was enjoyable. The cruise director- Aaron is very talented as were all the singers- some of the best voices we have heard on the seas.

We arrived one day early in Venice and stayed at Hotel Olympia- great choice as it was convenient to the cruise port and within half hour walk to all the major sights.

I am always surprised when I read negative reviews about the Viking Sky. I can’t believe they were on the same ship! Some people must need so much extra attention that nothing pleases them.

In fact the one couple with us ( they had never been on a Viking cruise) had sailed several times on Crystal and said that the Viking Sky was equal or even a little better than Crystal! The service was excellent, the state room comfortable and well designed and they loved the ship’s peaceful decor.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip on a lovely ship with excellent service. We hope to sail again on a Viking Ocean ship in the future!

Thank you for your mini review. I share your sentiments about my recent Viking Sea cruise. Again the decor is understated but truly thought out by the designers. Everything flow , yet there is variety in public area , seating and the awesome view of sky and sea on the pool deck and Explore lounge and the dining venues. The Wintergarden is the perfect space IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums