Celebrity cruisers trying P&O

sandancer

We find that most are ok - we treat them as we would like to be treated and most are fine. Some just shy. I think that many are not from countries where people are naturally out going so you wont be greeted with 'Have a nice day' everywhere you turn.

Actually agree with the percentages :-)

Having said that, have just got back from Oceana and we had to admit that the staff were brilliant - particularly the bar staff across the ship. A fabulous team.

Totally agree about Oceana bar staff, indeed all staff in my opinion. Which is why we are returning this Summer.

I have booked my first P&O cruise for December 2019 Eastern Caribbean , mainly because it is a direct flight to Barbados.

I have embarked on quite a few cruises in the past (see signature) my last being Celebrity Millennium for a month around Indonesia in 2015/16.

Of all the cruises i have done Celebrity was by far the best for food options and staff attentiveness (i travelled alone)

Princess Cruises was a close second for food and "at sea days" staff were also very nice, and excursions quite reasonable although i did book direct to port for most.

Royal Caribbean was quite good too, although they sold off last cabins cheap to the Spanish, who screamed and shouted in corridors and round the pool tskk.

I'm really looking forward to trying P&O, I have heard different opinions from different people, but i have an open mind, and im going to just enjoy myself whatever it brings, after all i did have a choice to book with whomever, but its the destinations that will make the memories.

I'm really looking forward to trying P&O, I have heard different opinions from different people, but i have an open mind, and im going to just enjoy myself whatever it brings, after all i did have a choice to book with whomever, but its the destinations that will make the memories.

What a great and refreshing attitude to cruising and your choice - have a brilliant time :-)

Thank you to everyone for your valuable input. From your comments I am sure we will have a great cruise. We are glass half full people and tend to enjoy ourselves whatever we do. In 58 cruises we have never had a truly awful cruise. Some much better than others, our one Carnival cruise was not to our taste but we met some lovely people, the cabin was nice and we were in the sun. So I am very happy to try P&O.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums