Price Tracker or Price Alert

Gettysburg

Rather than go online everyday to look at the latest price for selected cruises, is there a way you can set up an alert that sends you a text or something each time Getaway prices change for particular cruises?

• 4 years later...

Yes there are some really good tracker sites but we can’t name them on here. Most just show the US lines but one does the UK ships, including pando.

It shows just how much P&O prices move over the sales period for a cruise and there can be a massive difference between the best and worst prices. What they don’t show however is the perks like obc, parking etc. You would have to judge the value of this from the company website.

If all you want is an alert when the price drops then yes this is possible.

Tried that on another thread and it got deleted as well..

Just use your imagination, there are several so they are not hard to find.

Yes you did....it took a while for the penny to drop with me but it was a very good clue....

Email notices do get through even if a post is deleted. I tried the one named and deleted here.

Be careful with those sites. For PO it quoted the earlier ordinary fare and later the early saver fare, and the massive difference, but did not easily highlight the fact that the early saver fare did not have many additions, including OBC.

I checked my cruise carefully with them, my initial reaction that I had paid far too much, but then checking what fare it was actually quoting and what I would lose with that, like dining times, better chance of the table number selected, free shuttle bus and OBC showed why it was so cheap and that I was happy with my booking at a higher price.

What it did point out was if I looked carefully enough the fare I paid was less than that quoted like for like, so I was happy!

Email notices do get through even if a post is deleted. I tried the one named and deleted here.

Be careful with those sites. For PO it quoted the earlier ordinary fare and later the early saver fare, and the massive difference, but did not easily highlight the fact that the early saver fare did not have many additions, including OBC.

I checked my cruise carefully with them, my initial reaction that I had paid far too much, but then checking what fare it was actually quoting and what I would lose with that, like dining times, better chance of the table number selected, free shuttle bus and OBC showed why it was so cheap and that I was happy with my booking at a higher price.

What it did point out was if I looked carefully enough the fare I paid was less than that quoted like for like, so I was happy!

Yes as I said above they don’t take account of the adds on which can make quite a difference.

Glad you are happy, always nice when you got it right.