Sun Princess has arrived tommorow already!!!!!

2CtheC

Hi all

Just found this in the latest news section of P&O site - quote

"Superliner Sun Princess Squeezes Under Sydney Harbour Bridge - and into History

Date: 24 Oct 2007

Princess Cruises’ superliner Sun Princess squeezed into history this morning when she became the largest passenger ship ever to sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Towering 49.4 metres above the water line, the 77,441-ton Sun Princess cleared the Bridge’s road deck with only two-and-a-half metres to spare, before berthing at Darling Harbour.

The superliner arrived in Sydney after a 30-night cruise from the US .....etc etc"

I'm from QLD, so is this daylight saving gone mad?

Yes. Hope she is not two and a half meters too TALL...:p

Hope the tide is low...:)

We have our Ireland friends the McMullans (Voyager of the Seas '06) aboard that ship. Lucky Irish that go on 30-day cruises...:rolleyes:

I thought she was originally due to arrive in Sydney Today the 23rd ? ...so was the late arrival ( Tomorrow ) due to her diverting to avoid that storm front ?? :eek:

Yeah the P&O Publicity department might be rapped over the knuckles today ..good job it wasn't sent out as a press release as well to the Media ...hmmmm ..maybe it was ???

:eek: Uh-oh! My photo I just posted is linked to the cruise cam I think-- it keeps updating. It will look pretty silly when you see Sydney Harbor and wherever else she may sail for the next few years. Oh well, the orignal shot showed her out in the open ocean bound for Sydney.

Personally ...I think there will be more of a media presence for The Pacific Dawn when she starts ..as she will be the one now based here for the longer duration ....although a shot of them both the Sun Princess and The Pacific Dawn ..would certainly be a nice one to frame eh ? :rolleyes:

Spys everywhere :cool: yes i should imagine a lot of Cruise Lines ..would monitor this site very closely ( if not ! they should !!) ..it certainly would be in there best interests to do that ..don't you think gang ?? where esle would they get first hand feed back especially between fellow cruisers ......:(

Great artwork CruiserOZ60.

The thread cought my eye first thing when logging in. I have been capturing much of her journey across the pacific and I would have been spewing to have missed the arrival.

Yes, the Pacdawn will have the fanfare, but Sun Princess will steal her thunder. Due to the first 2 Pacdawn cruises being canned, the much touted "first superliner to cruise from a Sydney base" will go to Sun Princess, who departs her maiden Sydney cruise 2 days ahead of Pacific Dawn.

The daily Sydney ports movements page says 5am arrival and 11 am departure for Brisbane.

Ahh good old PR department. Very unlike them to write up the news before it actually happens. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Thanks Geoff ..yeah I forgot that they had cancelled a couple of Pacific Dawn Cruises .... so the Sun Princess will be first off the starting blocks....oh by the way I have enjoyed yours and Neil's movies on YOU TUBE ...great stuff ...I'm off on Sun Princess in early November ..but only doing to Cairns then flying back ..should be good though ??:rolleyes:

Cruiser OZ60 - your pictures are a hoot, laughed myself silly.

For a minute there I thought I must be blind, I walked around Darling Harbour only an hour ago (I now live in the area), and there was no big ship there then. Can't wait until tomorrow morning while walking to work to find her at Wharf 8!! I might even go and see her sail off tomorrow evening.

Archived