FTTF Carnival Fascination Questions.

drunkenkoala

Hey Everyone, My wife and I are considering this FTTF for the Carnival Fascination in September. We have never cruised before, and I have read a little bit about this option. I was just wondering if it is worth it on this ship, and what type of perks it has.

We arrive in San Juan the day of the cruise at around 12:00-1:00pm, and the cruise does not leave until 10:00pm. We will have all our luggage and was hoping we could get on the ship early. Would the FTTF help with that or would be still be able to get on early with out it.?

Thanks

Andrew

Not sure. its kind of a crap shoot. Last time we were in San Juan there was a line clear down the pier, around 11 am or so, everyone had to wait in before they even looked at your boarding pass. Once we got in, boarding didn't happen till 130 but by then the port inside was pretty full so if you plan on getting there around 1pm faster to the fun should surely help you bypass some lines once you get into the port building.. If i didnt have carry ons with soda/wine, i would have just dropped my luggage off at pier and then showed up at the ship later in the day around 6pm and hang out in san juan.

Definitely like the guest service line bonus with FTTF as well as its own boarding desk if the lines are deep in port for regular boarding.

Do not forget the other benefits of FTTF. Priority line at Guest services, there are no tender ports so that is not a benefit but the main thing for us is priority disembarkation which helps a lot as there have been stories about going thru a long line at the agriculture desk

I had FTTF on Fascination for my cruise in May. I would say the only benefit it offered was our room was ready when we boarded at 2 PM and we our luggage arrived very early, long before the hallways were cleared of other bags. Other than that, we never used it. There was never a line at guest services. We had an "early" flight at 11:41 am. We didn't use FTTF to disembark as this option was very early. We carried off our own luggage when our deck was called and were at the airport by 9:30.

It's worthwhile if you want your cabin ready when you arrive so that you can drop off your carry-on items and maybe freshen up or change for the pool. I purchased for our April adventure because we were traveling with senior citizens and our kids. We had gotten a 1PM check-in, but arrived before noon...and breezed through the terminal and the check-in process (because I had done most of it at home online and had all of our documents organized to make everything easier). We were on board by 12:15PM, and went straight to our rooms to drop off our carry-ons and change for the pool. We grabbed a quick lunch on Lido before walking the ship with the family to show them around. Spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool with our kids before dinner. I did have to visit guest services a few times, and it was nice to be able to skip the line. We had a leisurely breakfast in the dining room on debarkation day, and got an express exit off the ship when we were ready to leave for the airport.

Depends on when you are getting to the boat if it is worth it I'm guessing, but it is nice to have, as they rush you priority through the lines to get on the ship. However on our Fascination cruise out of San Juan last week, we didn't get to the terminal until around 3:30 (I think fttf could have started getting on at 1145). By then all the lines didn't look too bad and people seemed to be able to get to the front of a line upon arriving, fttf or not. Also by that time everyone's rooms were ready anyway, so the priority room preparation meant nothing. Neither guest service line ever seemed long from what I saw. Therefore I don't see how much of a difference it made. I think if I was arriving early to the ship, it would have made more of a difference. We were one of the first to disembark, unless you wanted to carry your own luggage off. That didn't matter too much though, as our flight wasn't until 3:30 anyways. On my last carnival Cruise the fttf definately made a big difference though.