Rain in the Caribbean

WilShari

We’re cruising on Victory next week and looking at the weather it shows nothing but rain in Key West and Cozumel.

To anyone that’s cruised there this time of year, is this the obligatory afternoon shower? Has anyone ever been “rained out” there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to both places multiple times May & June. Cozumel rained twice out of about 6 times we've been there. We still had a good time. We've had warm sunny weather in the past in Key West. I wouldn't take too much stock in the weather reports you find online for the ports, unless there's a tropical system. I've checked the weather before a cruise & stressed about it showing rain/storms, only to get there & have great weather. I hope you have beautiful sunny days, but either way ENJOY!!!!

There is a LOW over the Western Yucatan area that could develop into a sub-tropical system over the weekend or early next week. If it doesn't move into the Gulf, that would create an exception to the general afternoon showers in Cozumel.

Key West appears to be continuing to have rain, as is all of south/central Florida.

Bring ponchos.