Any Books on the Westerdam?

dag144

We are sailing on the trans-Atlantic later this month. I don't want to carry books from California to Rome and don't like e-books (format not the books). When we sailed on the Oosterdam after the 2016 dry-dock what remained of the library was pretty sad. Did the same fate happen to Westerdam library?

Was on Westerdam Sept 20 through Oct 2 for Mediterranean cruise. Ship was wonderful in almost all respects, but no real library left sadly. Just a very few books in the new Explorations, formerly Crows Nest, and it appeared you had to use them there, not takeaway.

We are sailing on the trans-Atlantic later this month. I don't want to carry books from California to Rome and don't like e-books (format not the books). When we sailed on the Oosterdam after the 2016 dry-dock what remained of the library was pretty sad. Did the same fate happen to Westerdam library?

We're on the same sailing and after reading the boards here, I told DH that he'd better bring along some good reading material because the library is virtually non-existent. On the other hand, I've got my iPad mini loaded up with tons of books, and won't have to worry - unless we run out of power and I can't charge it any more. Just in case, I always bring 1 paperback - you never know!

See you on the Westie!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks all. We were on the Oosterdam about a year ago after its dry dock. While the ship was attractive and the food was the usual HAL fare, the lack of a library and music in the Ocean Bar were big disappointments. We like crossing the Atlantic (our eleventh crossing). Since we were disappointed with the Oosterdam, we know what to expect. We will concentrate on the good changes (if we can find them).