The Voyager of the Seas revamp - what have you heard?

As part of the flurry of press releases about the RCI 2014/2015 Australia/NZ schedule was the news that VOS was getting a multi million dollar revamp.

See RCI comments here:

http://www.etravelblackboard.com/article/143280/royal-caribbean8217s-biggest-aussie-summer-season-yet-goes-on-sale

"... Many of the features on our newest oasis class ships and more ..."

What will we get from this revitalisation? Restaurants? New beds? Flo rider? A quantum of the seas giant arm? An eighteen hole full size golf course?

Does anyone know when the first post revamp australian cruise will be? December 2014?

Nothing specific has been announced yet about Voyager's revitalisation other than it will occur prior to the ship coming to Australia in November 2014 ... my best guess is that it will happen in Singapore just beforehand.

However, a clue to what the revitalisation will encompass comes from a press release by Royal Caribbean about a month ago that outlined details of Navigator of the Sea's upcoming revitalisation. Navigator is a sister ship to Voyager and is, I think, the first of the Voyager class to go through the "Oasis" upgrade. Here is what the media release said about what will be included:

During her drydock, signature Royal Caribbean features, such as the FlowRider surf simulator and dining venues like Giovanni’s Table, Park Café and Izumi Asian Cuisine will be added.

At the same time, new features such as Virtual Balconies for select interior staterooms, new panoramic oceanview staterooms – featuring full-length, floor-to-ceiling windows and unique new dining and entertainment concepts will be introduced to surprise and delight guests.

“As part of our commitment to delivering the most innovative and contemporary vacation experiences to guests, the iconic FlowRider, as well as the new Virtual Balconies, will be among a new range of amenities being introduced aboard the Voyager class of ships – making every ship our best ship."

As part of an extensive program to enhance very ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet,
Navigator of the Seas
also will receive many of the most popular and innovative concepts and amenities that were introduced aboard the world-acclaimed and revolutionary Oasis-class ships, such as an oversized outdoor movie screen overlooking the main pool, the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery for guests six to 36 months old in the award-winning Adventure Ocean children’s programming, new Diamond Lounges for suite and Crown & Anchor Society member guests as well as now serving the popular Cupcake Cupboard cupcakes at Café Promenade.

Cheers

Bob

Thank you! Excellent responses. There is currently a thread on navigator that it is getting a single pump flow rider, freedom class ships have a double pump flow rider and oasis has two double pumps. Apparently that's better for tricks!

The full length windows for ocean view will be brilliant, indoor virtual balcony is a bit of a gimmick, couldn't care less about new restaurants. I will be disappointed if they do not match carnival spirit for wow factor for kids. The spirit refurb with the waterslides and park was well done.

That is a handy link, looks like it will go into dry dock as soon as it leaves australian waters April 2014. Celebrity century and carnival legend also getting refurbished next year before heading to australia.

I wonder if it will get coke freestyle machines.

• 1 year later...

I was on the Voyager of the Seas today, it looked great. Lots of media outlets were onboard too.

Saw one of the Virtual Balcony cabins too, interesting. All the cabins have had a makeover. They looked very fresh.

I was very impressed with the ship, even though the tour was very rushed. Saw quite a few cabins. including a mini suite.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer them for you.

• 9 months later...