Le Bistro

1smudslide

We have sailed several times since the new Platinum dinner 'rules' went into effect. Each time we have politely asked if we could have two appetizers and skip dessert. Each time they have checked with their manager and have said yes. If not, I'll happily pay an extra $3 to have that great soup!

I have it saved as a picture on my phone now, but when the time comes, the question would be whether or not it would be worth the agita to fight so many levels up. Since we’re in the Haven, worse case maybe I would just order and pay for it and then bring it to the concierge and see what they can do.

To the point, the cruise time should be fun, not spent arguing over $10 in apps. It doesn’t make for good customer service or encourage return visits.

That is exactly how we feel. We knew the terms last two times we sailed yet got restrictions on apps/sides with the dinner packages.

The first words out of the servers mouths were about the restrictions. I could get upset and argue with the server then get manager and then be thinking about it over dinner. Or I can go with the flow and choose other lines to spend our money on.

I was,restricted in LeBistro last year after several years of enjoying my Platinum dinners.

This is Del Rio's,way of telling us we were not wanted on NCL after more than 50 cruises on NCL.

The stupidity of this restriction is that we can have whatever we want in the MDR or the buffet.

I have complied with NCL's wishes and my last few cruises have been on,other lines. I have one more booked on NCL, and the next three are on other lines.

You appear to be referring to the Platinum meal. For that, the restrictions are clearly stated and as for as I am aware are being consistently applied.

This discussion is about the SDP where there just doesn’t seem to be any consistency. That is what is causing the confusion in this, and many other, threads.

You appear to be referring to the Platinum meal. For that, the restrictions are clearly stated and as for as I am aware are being consistently applied.

This discussion is about the SDP where there just doesn’t seem to be any consistency. That is what is causing the confusion in this, and many other, threads.

My post is about the Platinum meal as I stated. I see other posts that say it was not consistent.

The fact that the De Rio administration has taken away some of the benefits I earned long ago is bothersome to me, and the recent change has taken away a bottle of wine from the platinum benefit DW and I earned long ago.

I have followed the progress of the Del Rio changes and that is what prompted my decision to move on.

I have seen the UDP change to SDP which reduced the number of meals, then the 18 percent service charge added.

What is next?? It is like waiting for the other shoe to fall and I don't need that.