Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer

stjlo

I just signed up for this excursion in August on the Emerald. My husband and I will be going but my older son and daughter will not. I read that the tour will disembark "next to your cruise ship in downtown Juneau." Can someone who has done this tour tell me:

1. How close do we actually dock to the Emerald? Is it really "next to the cruise ship"?

2. Is it usually on time?

3. We would like to meet the kids on the dock when they disembark. This tour is until 1:15 p.m. If we tell them to get off the ship at about 1:30, will it be easy to meet?

4. Any general comments/suggestions regarding this tour would be greatly appreciated, particularly if you found it to be what you expected, animal sightings, boat condition and whether it felt very crowded?

Thank you all for your help!

I just signed up for this excursion in August on the Emerald. My husband and I will be going but my older son and daughter will not. I read that the tour will disembark "next to your cruise ship in downtown Juneau." Can someone who has done this tour tell me:

1. How close do we actually dock to the Emerald? Is it really "next to the cruise ship"?

You'll disembark back onto the Emerald in Juneau on the tender platform and go though security

2. Is it usually on time? Pretty much on time, About 1:15 - 1:30

3. We would like to meet the kids on the dock when they disembark. This tour is until 1:15 p.m. If we tell them to get off the ship at about 1:30, will it be easy to meet?

You can meet on the ship

4. Any general comments/suggestions regarding this tour would be greatly appreciated, particularly if you found it to be what you expected, animal sightings, boat condition and whether it felt very crowded?

We have done this excursion numerous times and find it to be one of the highlights on our trip. You'll meet in the Princess theater and then board the Glacier Explorer from the tender platform at Sawyer island and continue up Tracy Arm to Sawyer Glacier. We've been up near the Sawyer Glacier when it calved and it awesome. We've seen water falls, seal, bears, whales in the distance. It's a good expeirance, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Allen Marine is the vendor and they keep there boats in very good condition. I've never felt crowded, we spend most of our time out on deck, wear warm clothes. Last year the captain of the boat put the bow on the boat into a water fall and it was cascading down onto the forward deck on the boat, it was awesome.

Thank you all for your help!

My answers are in Red.

I can't answer your questions as I have only done the trip RT out of Juneau (not through the cruise ship) but I can tell you your husband and kids will regret their decision not to go. I would try to talk them into it. It is pricey but so worth it. It is my all time favorite excursion.

I can't answer your questions as I have only done the trip RT out of Juneau (not through the cruise ship) but I can tell you your husband and kids will regret their decision not to go. I would try to talk them into it. It is pricey but so worth it. It is my all time favorite excursion.

Actually, my husband was always going and the kids are now coming too.... the more I read about it, the more excited I am!

Thank you! I have it booked now and am really happy that the kids have decided to come, too!

Make sure you write a review when you return! I know the kids will love it.

And this way - you will all be together for your Juneau adventure.