Norwegian Escape Family Oceanview Cabins

Jacaluke

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children aged 18,16 and 12 booked to sail on The Escape our of NY this December. We are booked in cabin 01-5750 - it says it sleeps 5 but I’m just worried about it being a tight fit - any information from somebody who has travelled in this cabin category would be much appreciated 😊

Here are links to a couple youtube videos of category 01 family oceanview with large picture window staterooms. With five it will be a little tight but is certainly doable. This cabin category has two closets and a double sink in the bathroom. Suitcases will fit under the main bed. There is so much to do on the larger Norwegian ships no one will be spending a lot of time in the stateroom.

This second video is same category as above on the Norwegian Breakaway. In this video the couch bed and drop from ceiling bed are shown in sleeping position.

Thanks so much for the links to the youtube videos - very helpful. I'm not as worried now, we will be fine - planning on spending most of our time out of the stateroom and we are travelling with other family so hopefully the kids might to and visit their staterooms when ours gets too crowded.

We have one booked for this coming December and I'm super excited. We stayed in a regular balcony cabin with our three kids this past December (one child was signed up for my parents room "on paper" but stayed in our room). So we had two teens and a 6 year old, plus the two of us, in a room meant for 4 people. It really was a non-issue. The biggest problem was lines for the washroom. =P But for the most part, the older two went wandering as soon as they woke up, used the washrooms elsewhere, and we just staggered our showers.

There was plenty of room in the balcony cabin for all of our stuff x5, including suitcases (under the bed) and snorkle gear (top shelf of closet). The family oceanview has a ton more storage, so I'm excited about that. :)

Looks like you'll be fine in that room. You really don't spend much time in the room, really. With our crew, there were only ever 1-2 people in the room at a time, aside from overnight. We were all doing our own thing.

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children aged 18,16 and 12 booked to sail on The Escape our of NY this December. We are booked in cabin 01-5750 - it says it sleeps 5 but I’m just worried about it being a tight fit - any information from somebody who has travelled in this cabin category would be much appreciated [emoji4]

We are a family of 5 (kids 12,14,16) sailing the escape ocean view on deck 5 in Feb so I'll let you know how it goes . We did it on the breakaway in 2014 and it was fine. We were never in the room...so much to do on the ship and in ports. And deck 5 is just one flight of stairs from the 6/7/8 public areas so we felt it was a great deck to easily access everything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums