NCL Jewel Haven 2 bedroom Villa

janyyqin

Hello everyone. I have booked a Haven 2 bedroom villa through NCL jewel this December to Mexican Riveria for 7 days. Originally the group will be me, my mother, my son (12 year old), and my husband. Now my brother and my sister in law are planning to join us also. I understand that the 2-bedroom villa are supposed to hold 6 people. But I am worried about the size of the second bedroom, and if it will be too crowded for everyone. I am looking for the ideas and suggestions.

Hello everyone. I have booked a Haven 2 bedroom villa through NCL jewel this December to Mexican Riveria for 7 days. Originally the group will be me, my mother, my son (12 year old), and my husband. Now my brother and my sister in law are planning to join us also. I understand that the 2-bedroom villa are supposed to hold 6 people. But I am worried about the size of the second bedroom, and if it will be too crowded for everyone. I am looking for the ideas and suggestions.

It sounds fine for your original group. Have bro and SIL book the one bedroom Haven suite if it is available. Yes, six can fit but if five of the 6 are adults I would not do it.

It will be ideal. But all the Suites and Haven suites have been sold out. And my brother and sister in law are coming from China to visit us. Can't leave them at home by themselves.

Are you sure they want to go on a cruise? They might actually like visiting the home town on their own for a week while you are cruising. Just a thought...

Otherwise, the Villa's second bedroom is a full size bed (not queen) with a twin size bunk above and the other bed is a fold out sofa in the living room. Then there is the king size bed in the MBR. The sofa bed in the living room is good for 1 adult or 2 small kids.

That's going to be really tight. The second bedroom is a tiny self-contained inside cabin with a small bathroom and closet space for one, maybe two if they pack light. I'd give this room to your mother so that she has her privacy. The fold-out bed in the living room is fine for a 12-year-old, but could be uncomfortable for an adult.

Even if they are not in a Villa, you can still spend a lot of time together on the ship. They won't be able to join you for breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, though, but I learned last week that they can debark with you at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Lisa63

Ultimately, I think whether or not it works depends on the personalities of the people involved.

We have booked this cabin on the Jewel for the same itinerary, different week. We will have my DH and I in the master bedroom, my 17 yo DD on the couch bed, and my almost 20yo DD and her boyfriend in the full bed, and 14yo DD on the bunk bed.

We are all really close -- even the BF. This is a HUGE splurge for us, and none of the kids have ever been on a cruise, or even an airplane. They aren't typical teens -- they are used to not getting the latest gadgets, clothes, etc., and never complain. They are all so ecstatic to be going on this trip, in the Haven with all its perks and that they have the soda package. We've discussed the close quarters, and they are all in unanimous agreement that they don't care, they will make it work.

We will make some adjustments for bathroom time -- all the girls will probably get ready in the master bath, and the guys in the other one, and will share the closet space as needed so that everyone is comfortable. We are looking at it as a family trip, not a romantic trip.

For a lot of families, this arrangement would not work at all, but for us I've no doubt we will have a great time. Three of the group are away at college, so having the time together after a long time apart is also part of the fun.

So OP, you have to ask yourself, and your family members, what are they comfortable with? Then you go from there as to whether or not it will work.

We had our 3 "18 and older" kids with us in this same category suite on the Pearl. The boys stayed in the small room, our daughter on the couch. She shared bathroom with us and closet/drawer space. The closet is small in the second bdrm. We made it work. We are also doing this room on the Jewel with another couple in Nov. again, the closet space is small in the 2nd room, but we will share closet space in the master, if necessary. It will be a tight fit, for sure. But if everyone gets along well, you can make it work.

Hi!

I was recently looking at the haven 2 bedroom for an extended family cruise as well and I found this video.

At the very end there are shots of what the second bedroom looks like with the bunk bed pulled out from the wall. It's small, but think it would be manageable.

Here's the video:

The video does help. It looks like it will work for three kids or teens to fit in that 2nd bedroom. Does anyone know if the pull out sofa in living room can fit two adults?

This video shows a family suite where they brought in a roll-away bed next to the living room sofa bed, making it a double.

Go to about the 6:20 mark to see it set up with the roll-away.