Early bookings?

Harry Peterson

I see a new batch of cruises is released shortly by P&O. It may (or may not, depending on your viewpoint and what you're looking for) be a good time to book, but how does the system work?

Are details (including prices) of all the cruises going to be made available online on 12 March, even though you can't book them until a few days later?

Or do the full details and prices only appear on the day that bookings can be made?

This is new to me - always found late bookings cheaper - but I like to keep options open...........

Full details, including prices, will be available on 12th. You can book from 12th but unless you are high level loyalty tiers, you can only specify grade of cabin. You are guaranteed that grade and allocated a cabin on the relevant general release date. At that point you can change to the specific cabin of your choice, if it’s still available.

Booking within the first 3 months has always worked for us. The Saver fare has almost never been anywhere near what we paid. BUT we do go on longer cruises to good ports on Oriana, Aurora or Adonia that was. I think the more standard the cruise, like Canaries, Baltic, it may be cheaper to book late.