Seeking advice for van tour in St. Thomas

laura1960

I'm having a tough time finding a city tour in an air-conditioned van that does not cost an arm and a leg. Most of the tours feature an open-air taxi kind of set-up, which look like a hoot to me, but probably not a good option for my husband, who has a fused neck (he broke it in 2016). He walks and can climb stairs and everything, but jostling around with four other people on a bouncy, winding road on a plastic seat for a couple hours would be problematic. I've located several taxi and limo services that offer tours in a/c controlled vans, but they are pretty expensive. If we found an open-air vehicle where he would be allowed to sit upfront in the cab with the driver in a regular car seat, that would work too.

We're looking for a group tour that will take us to a few must-see spots.

Any recommendations?

You know, drvmywifecrazy, that's a good point. Perhaps we will visit the pirate/shipwreck museum near the pier, and possibly walk around a bit. May play it by ear once we get there.

To 411, we are a party of two, but could join a larger group.

They are forced to fix the roads because of the storms, so the roads may eventually be better in 2018.

Most taxi drivers prefer a minimum of 4 in order to charge as a group, instead of private, tour. And, few of the taxi drivers with vans offer group tours using online booking. One that I know of is davidsfuntours.com, but I hear he's pretty pricey. You can also contact cocobrown1967@yahoo.com to see if he has a group tour that day. He's got a van.