LHR area to Windsor by taxi?

I'll be staying at the Ibis Styles hotel near LHR for 2 nights before meeting friends & going to Southampton & the Sapphire Princess.

I'm considering, on the 2nd day, taking a taxi from the hotel to the town of Windsor (not a castle visit - did that before), just to look around for a couple of hours.

Any advice? Approximate cost? Time needed? Cash or credit cards (I'll get some GBP $$).

Thanks!

Yes, book a Windsor-based taxi rather than a Heathrow-based one. You can trust those in Windsor to charge a sensible fare (£25 +) but those based at the airport include some rogues who'll over-charge.

JB :)

We booked our car service through a company called Blackberry cars. Several folks on our roll call were using them and they get good marks on TripAdvisor. Have pre-booked them from airport to downtown London apartment, then from London to Southampton for cruise, and also part of our group is using them to get back and forth to the Warner Brothers studios located outside of London for the Harry Potter tour.

Blackberry has a Very Easy to use website to get quotes and you can prepay it if you want. The company is Very responsive with quotes and detailed confirmations that you can print out, and their Rates seemed competitive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal