Morning activity

jerseygirlinAZ

My husband and I are booked for the Amazing Race Cozumel; however, the excursion doesn't start until 1 p.m. We'd like to do something in the morning. Are there any good hotels near the cruise port that offer day passes? We wouldn't want an all-inclusive since we will only be there for a few hours. Or would it be worth taking a taxi over to Paradise Beach or Chankanaab?

Thanks!

There are 2 hotels with day passes that are within walking distance of Puerta Maya and the International Pier. Park Royal and El Cid de la Ceiba.

Check their websites for information.

http://www.parkroyalcozumel.com/

https://www.elcid.com/cozumel/la-ceiba-beach

However, if you don't intend to return to the ship before your excursion, it may be cheaper, even with taxi fare to head down to Paradise Beach or the Money Bar and hang out then take a taxi back to where the excursion pick up point is. Chank has similar taxi fare but also has an entry fee of $25-35 pp that makes it more expensive than Paradise Beach.

As Crew says ElCid and Park Royal are within walking distance of International or Puerta Maya but Park Royal is AI only, elCid offers a cheaper pass which allows you to utilize facilities and WiFi with credit towards food and drinks.

None of the facilities near the piers are going to have much beach (some have sandy area) as they are ironshore, including Money Bar. I would think Chankanaab would be prohibitive because of entrance fee and taxi fare.

I dont know where the meeting place is for Amazing race, but if you want to be nearer town or dock at Punta Langosta, No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda, (or Jeanie’s next door) can be a fun bar to pass a couple of hours with loungers and a pool but again no beach.

TripAdvisor will provide photos of all places mentioned.