Seine River Cruise

AKLR

We are first time "river" cruisers and are looking for a company that might stand out from the "norm". We're interested in France and may want to combine this with a land tour, or just the River and then go on our own for the rest of the time. We've looked at Viking, Vantage, Uniworld, AMA Waterways, but haven't found just the one to use. We have read good comments about Uniworld, but are a little concerned about their size of rooms. Any seasoned River cruisers who have experienced the Seine River who could offer their opinions. Thanks in advance.

I m assuming you ve read the river cruise section for these cruiselines?

That being said,,have been on all the major ones and the top of the line (for me at least) would be AMA.But remember ea.ship different.We took the new AMAcerto with 2 balconies.Also,check Scenic and Tauck(more all inclusive and get good reviews and Scenic has reg.balcony too).

Remember "luxury" is different on river compared to ocean.

Good luck with your search.;)

We always go by the itinerary. We've been on 2 Uniworld and 1 Avalon, going on another Uniworld and Viking (for the first time) next year.

Our first time on Uniworld (28 day Bucharest-Amsterdam) was just fantastic. Can't remember the ship, but all of the cabins except for the suites were approx. 155 sq. ft. We decided this was the litmus test that any cabin at least that size (or close) would be more than sufficient. The only difference is the deck level -- we found that 1 level down from the most expensive was just fine -- still have a nice large picture window. Avalon cabin was about the same size. For our upcoming Viking trip, because the Elbe river is smaller, the ship is naturally smaller, and we've opted for a suite.

Some ships (especially Grand Circle) have cabins that have couches made into beds at night -- that's NOT what we want as those rooms are just too small.

With airfares being what they are these days, we like to stay longer. We always arrive earlier (at least a day or so) and or stay longer than what the ship offers. Sometimes you can do better finding a hotel thru http://www.booking.com (always look for free cancellation or breakfast if that's important to you) than what the cruise company offers. Whether you travel on your own or find an organized tour in conjunction with your cruise, either at the beginning or end, is always possible -- just a matter of researching.

Having done 2 river cruises (Rhine and Danube), IMHO Avalon and AMA Waterways are both wonderful.

I think Tauck is known for being even higher quality and includes more.

I do want to warn you that we have booked a cruise on the Seine for the end of June, and many of the cruises are already sold out. On our particular cruise, there is only one room open!

Having done 2 river cruises (Rhine and Danube), IMHO Avalon and AMA Waterways are both wonderful.

I think Tauck is known for being even higher quality and includes more.

I do want to warn you that we have booked a cruise on the Seine for the end of June, and many of the cruises are already sold out. On our particular cruise, there is only one room open!

Having done 4 with Avalon and one with AMA, we much preferred our AMA experience. Their attention to detail was excellent and food and service much better than any of our Avalon cruises.

We are traveling with AMA again next week and they are our line of choice.

Tauck is known for quality and inclusions but we do not choose to pay for features we will not use, and many of their inclusions are things of no value as we are DIY travelers.

Archived