Tequila distilleries/tours/bars in Cozumel?

heather9844

Hello!

I've been to Cozumel 5 times now. The last 3 times, my husband and I went to Mr Sanchos Beach Club. We LOVE it. We have an upcoming cruise in February on Carnival Valor and we stop in Cozumel again. We have from 9 am til 6 pm, so I think we could still do Mr Sanchos (since we are traveling with family who are new to cruising and we would like us to take them there), but I was thinking maybe we could leave in the early afternoon to do something else.

I've gotten really into tequila lately, especially añejo tequilas. I was hoping to do a tour of a tequila distillery or something, but I can only find 1 or 2 online, and both got so-so reviews. Mr Sanchos has its own tequila tasting, but it's another $50 each. That seems a bit high to me, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

My question is if anyone knows of a decent tequila tour that we could do in the afternoon (meaning it doesn't take all day) and that's reasonably priced? Or, has anyone maybe been to a bar in downtown Cozumel that has a wide selection of añejos, etc.? I'm looking for any and all suggestions!

It's not a distillery tour but could involve tequila if you want. Check out the Cozumel Bar Hop as an alternative to the usual Cozumel activities. It's a very reliable private tour and a lot of fun and takes you to the undeveloped back side of the island. We've done it and will do it again!

http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Real Tequilia comes from Teguilia in the State of Jalisco. Jalisco is on the Pacific Coast and where we live in the winter (Puerto Vallarta). If there was a Tequila Distillery anywhere near Cozumel it would be as phony as what they produced.

Hank

Real Tequilia comes from Teguilia in the State of Jalisco. Jalisco is on the Pacific Coast and where we live in the winter (Puerto Vallarta). If there was a Tequila Distillery anywhere near Cozumel it would be as phony as what they produced.

Hank

+1

You are on the wrong coast for a distillery. There may be very good tequila shops in Cozumel, but that is not where the magic happens.

(You really should get to Puerto Vallarta. I spent 2 fantastic weeks there several years ago and really need to go back.)