Southwest dropped prices

DKNE

today. Our flight we are keeping our eyes on dropped $3. Is there a chance you think it will go down more, or should we lock in the prices now for beginning of January?

Going down non stop direct flight. Coming home through Washington with an hour in between a change of flights....is that enough time?

today. Our flight we are keeping our eyes on dropped $3. Is there a chance you think it will go down more, or should we lock in the prices now for beginning of January?

Going down non stop direct flight. Coming home through Washington with an hour in between a change of flights....is that enough time?

Prices are unpredicable. However, if you book now and the price goes down, Southwest will give you a credit you can use for up to a year from when you first paid for the flight.

An hour in January might be enough time -- but I would not want to be counting on it. If have to deice because of weather, then they get backed up on the ground and your gate might just not be ready and the plane sits out in the parking lot in Jessup!:p Also wanting your luggage to be on the same plane? I can't prove it but I rank BWI (Southwest hub and most flights for Washington area) as one of the slowest luggage movers of airports in America. If you end in BWI (it's my home airport live less than 20 miles from gates) luggage never gets to you in less than 30 minutes sometimes longer. They like to take their time and ...... BWI is a nice airport but some of the concourses (older ones) are a far piece away -- we call it walking to Delaware!

In my experience (probably 80 roundtrips) with SWA and Florida trips -- don't wait -- prices go up and not down especially when the snow flies and the weather gets cold. I got a weekend! Let me out of here. :D

I have my tickets already for Oct. and November and I'm looking for Jan. but have to hold up because of a new grandbaby coming and don't know where Christmas will be spent. Ticket midweek in Oct first day of opening $79 one way. Last year 1st week of January for granddaughter's birthday party was almost $500 each way --- dumb old football games, snowbirds and cruisers!:D

Edited by Bowie MeMe

It is a mixed Blessing to have family in FLL lots of flights and usually have a chance for good deals -- say better than deals to Indianapolis or Cleveland! But all the airlines and the hotels do know the ship's schedules and they adjust the prices accordingly. Actually one of the big problems is getting rental cars for the weekend. Because I have so much experience with this one airport (well MIA also), I try to help those who come only one or two times in their life -- they really don't understand the dynamics of buying tickets that can be really scarce on weekends or for the numerous special events especially in the months of Dec. Jan and Feb where many more ship passengers/part time residents/ South American vacationers on summer holidays etc. It is what keeps the economy humming and my family employed!

I have had an immediate family member in Ft. L or Miami since 1956.

Just reading these posts reminds me why I love living in SW Florida! We use to live in MD and cruised every winter. What a hassle with flying, weather, luggage etc. Now we leave our home on the day of the cruise and two hours later we are boarding the ship! No airport delays etc.

Good luck with all your airline planning. I know it can be a pain!

I can't prove it but I rank BWI (Southwest hub and most flights for Washington area) as one of the slowest luggage movers of airports in America. If you end in BWI (it's my home airport live less than 20 miles from gates) luggage never gets to you in less than 30 minutes sometimes longer. ...... .

I recently flew into BWI (first time in several years) and by the time I walked from the gate to baggage claim, I only waited 5 minutes for my bag. I'm a UA 1K and my bag was labeled Priority, so perhaps that helped. Maybe Southwest just has slower baggage handlers? You get what you pay for, ;)

Edited by grandma*knows*best

So I booked our one way to FLL from BUF at $110 for each of us. We had a $400 credit voucher from Southwest, so our one way literally cost us nothing.:eek:

Just watching the flights to return and hoping for a deal just as low the other way back (as in the $110 OW)