Advanced Reservations for evening events

epodietz

We are first time cruisers, going on Crown Princess for 5 day cruise on Jan 28 out of Ft Lauderdale. We have heard that it is possible to make advance reservations for onboard evening events so you don't have to wait in line. On the Princess website I can't even see a schedule of events let alone make a reservation. Any advice out there?

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Allow me to be the first to encourage you to post any and all of your questions about Crown Princess on the dedicated Princess board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

...but in answer to your post there is no capability--nor requirement or necessity--to pre-reserve evening entertainment and activities on any Princess ship. You can however pre-pay and reserve certain specialty dining venues (Sabatini's, Crown Grill, and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner) through your Cruise Personalizer.

As far as I know the only ships where one can pre-reserve entertainment times is on the larger classes of Royal Caribbean ships (possibly NCL as well?), And even then you are only guaranteed admission, not a particular seat, so arriving early and waiting in line to enter is still a necessity. (Thus a very overrated feature if you ask me...)

Shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times....if you do "anytime" dining, then decide if you want to go to the early show, or late show, and schedule YOUR dinner around that. Both shows are the same...just repeated to allow more folks to go!