Anyone Had Their Norwegian Star Refund Yet ?

Aburn09

Hi we travelled on the Norwegian Star on the 5th January cruise around Asia and because of missing two stops in Thailand because of the on going Azipod issue we were offered a paltry 20% cruise only discount.........We didn't get chance to cancel the cruise as NCL wouldn't decide to refund or full amount until it was too late (very suspcious) so we had no choice but to go on the cruise.

I have written many emails to everyone i can find a email for at NCL about the poor offer and trying to get an increased offer but up until now not even had a email response !!! Once again poor communication on NCL's behalf it seems like they are sticking their heads in the sand hoping this will go away !!

I have also contacted me Travel Agent and they said they are also waiting for NCL's 20% discount to be issued !!

Anyone else still waiting ? Or any ideas where to go next ? Thanks.

I have had two confirmation emails one from NCL Guest services and one from NCL Customer services to aknowledge the emails and that they will reply within 28 days but no emails from the NCL CEO's (or their secretaries) to confirm my emails have been recieved ??..........Reading the continuing saga on here looks like NCL still have Azipod issues with the Star and still upsetting passengers with the lack of information and refunds :(

I told ncl in an email once that I was going to dispute the charge on my credit card if I didn't get an immediate response to my question

So...72 hours later I disputed the charge....10 days later a refund from ncl came thru

You need play hardball with them

In your case you took the cruise and I assume you paid the dsc

Just dispute the entire dsc

I know I know the poor downtrodden crew....but it is the only method that you the pax can control for getting your money back from ncl in a timely manner

Plus

Ncl allows you to remove dsc

So....you didn't get what you expected on this cruise and as of yet ncl has NOT made you whole with their promised offer

Just take things into your own hands and get some of your money back

Ncl will notice this and ultimately will get their act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I told ncl in an email once that I was going to dispute the charge on my credit card if I didn't get an immediate response to my question

So...72 hours later I disputed the charge....10 days later a refund from ncl came thru

My wife got thru to NCL yesterday and we have an "internal credit" on the NCL books for the cost of the cruise (less taxes, fees, gratuities, etc). NCL to not sending written confirmation out according to their agent. In other words, you have only NCL's word about the credit. I saw how good their weird was when the senior staff lied to us daily about the ship's functionality.

We did a transatlantic on the Star a year and a half ago. Missed one of our two ports and got in a day early. NCL offered us a 15% off a future cruise plus they put us all in hotels and gave us meal vouchers. I never got a certificate, but when I went to book our next trip I had to contact Guest Services to claim the credit (as they then said it was valid for only one year). Long story short....they extended the credit and we're heading out in May.

If you are talking about them giving you 20% off a future cruise, they do not send any info to you about this other than what you would have received on the ship. Even there, the terms may change from what was given to you in writing (e.g. how long you have to use the credit). Calling NCL or your TA when you book the next cruise they will apply the credit, just make sure you are using it in the terms window.

In your case you took the cruise and I assume you paid the dsc

Just dispute the entire dsc

I know I know the poor downtrodden crew....but it is the only method that you the pax can control for getting your money back from ncl in a timely manner

Plus

Ncl allows you to remove dsc

So....you didn't get what you expected on this cruise and as of yet ncl has NOT made you whole with their promised offer

Just take things into your own hands and get some of your money back

Ncl will notice this and ultimately will get their act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you get commission from NCL for telling everyone who will listen to remove or dispute the DSC charge?

Do you get commission from NCL for telling everyone who will listen to remove or dispute the DSC charge?

Why would he get a commission? These extra charges are money makers for NCL. They probably take a "service fee" to pay these gratuities to the employees or at the least use the money to avoid paying them a descent wage..

I cannot understand as to why you have not received a reply from NCL to your E-mail. Every time I have ever contacted them by E-mail, I have always received a speedy response

Really!!!!!

You joined C-C in January and already have 107 posts???

Do you work for NCL's cheerleading department??

We were on the December cruise Hong Kong to Singapore via no mans land, and have received all our refund plus 50% Off future cruise

Now told this years December cruise on the Jewel will also have itinerary changes (no Melbourne and Tasmania)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Maybe he has been on more cruises than you and just decided not to dedicate his life to being online or this forum, or he could have just recently found the site.

Just do a dispute with your CC that should solve any issues you have. Or at any rate push you to the top of the list with NCL.

Really!!!!!

You joined C-C in January and already have 107 posts???

Do you work for NCL's cheerleading department??