Glasgow Train/HOHO Combo Ticket

I understand from reading these boards that there is a combo ticket that combines the train ticket with a Glasgow HOHO ticket. Should we purchase these in advance or will they be readily available when we get to the train station in Greenock?

I've just tried to book but wasn't able to so sounds like it has to be on the day. I don't know about Greenock but the volunteers at Queensferry have leaflets about it so maybe pick up one of them or take a photo of the page about it on your phone just in case there's any problem at the station.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/scotland-by-rail/things-do/cruise-ship-passengers

We bought the combo ticket last summer at the station. It was very convenient. When we got on the HoHo bus, we showed the driver our train tickets and he gave us new HoHo tickets. We visited the Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Museum, Hunterian Museum, Hunterian Art Gallery (including the Mackintosh house), St. Mongo Museum, and the cathedral.

• 2 weeks later...
Abbiamo comprato il biglietto combinato la scorsa estate alla stazione. E 'stato molto conveniente. Quando siamo saliti sul bus HoHo, abbiamo mostrato all'autista i nostri biglietti del treno e ci ha dato nuovi biglietti HoHo. Abbiamo visitato il Riverside Museum, il Kelvingrove Art Museum, il Museo Hunterian, la Hunterian Art Gallery (inclusa la casa Mackintosh), il St. Mongo Museum e la cattedrale. [/ Quote]

Quanto costa il biglietto famiglia?

Abbiamo comprato il biglietto combinato la scorsa estate alla stazione. E 'stato molto conveniente. Quando siamo saliti sul bus HoHo, abbiamo mostrato all'autista i nostri biglietti del treno e ci ha dato nuovi biglietti HoHo. Abbiamo visitato il Riverside Museum, il Kelvingrove Art Museum, il Museo Hunterian, la Hunterian Art Gallery (inclusa la casa Mackintosh), il St. Mongo Museum e la cattedrale. [/ Quote]

Quanto costa il biglietto famiglia?

The family ticket for the hoho in Glasgow appears to be £31. I think the link for plusbus shows an add on ticket for your train ticket but it it is individual not family tickets, this is for the public buses not the hoho. You can get to the Hunterian and Kelvingrove by underground very easily, the cathedral is a walkable distance, or for a group a taxi might be just as cheap. The Riverside Museum I have still not been to, but DH tells me it is not exciting : he is very keen on ships and transport generally. Also, just walking around Glasgow is pleasant and interesting (when it’s not raining).

Sent from my iPad using Forums