Cancelling insurance with NCL

edenrayne

Depends on the terms of the specific policy, but generally not, most policies are purchase locked. If you purchase another policy also be sure its not too late to cover pre-existing conditions...

Can I cancel my insurance with the cruise line if it's before final payment? Want to get it somewhere else that has a better policy.

Can I cancel my insurance with the cruise line if it's before final payment? Want to get it somewhere else that has a better policy.

Since it's not paid until final payment, yes.

Just have them take it off your invoice.

Depends on the terms of the specific policy, but generally not, most policies are purchase locked. If you purchase another policy also be sure its not too late to cover pre-existing conditions...

I agree with this ... once purchased and paid for the insurance can be transferred to another cruise one time, for most policies, but not refunded. And, most of the policies I've seen require you to purchase the policy within a few days of first booking the cruise to have "pre-existing conditions" covered in the medical insurance portion.

I agree with this ... once purchased and paid for the insurance can be transferred to another cruise one time, for most policies, but not refunded. And, most of the policies I've seen require you to purchase the policy within a few days of first booking the cruise to have "pre-existing conditions" covered in the medical insurance portion.

There are no pre-existing conditions.

The OP asked about cancelling cruise line insurance, NCL, which is not paid for until final payment, so no problem refunding before final payment.

Since NCL insurance isn't paid for until final payment you are correct that it does not cover pre-existing conditions.