ES and other ???

kat923

First time cruiser here... I will be doing a 7 day eastern Caribbean on the Glory in Jan 2013. I paid $764pp ES for a 8C balcony midship on deck 7 empress... price does NOT include tax, tip,etc.... I'm not sure of cruise prices... is this a good deal? Also when should I start looking for price drops? Thanks in advance! :)

Well, that category for both of the January sailings was priced at $714 before taxes from Last August until this February 27th. Then the price jumped up to $764, where it has remained ever since. That doesn't mean that the price won't fall again.

You could have also very easily found a TA who would have given you an OBC for that category of cabin. Agents can't discount the base price Carnival is offering at the time, but they CAN give you a share of their commission. For a balcony cabin in the price range you're talking about, you should hunt around until you find an agent willing to give you $100 OBC.

Start checking every single day for price drops. Sometimes Carnival drops a price for only a day or two, so it's smart to check every single day.

Well, that category for both of the January sailings was priced at $714 before taxes from Last August until this February 27th. Then the price jumped up to $764, where it has remained ever since. That doesn't mean that the price won't fall again.

You could have also very easily found a TA who would have given you an OBC for that category of cabin. Agents can't discount the base price Carnival is offering at the time, but they CAN give you a share of their commission. For a balcony cabin in the price range you're talking about, you should hunt around until you find an agent willing to give you $100 OBC.

Start checking every single day for price drops. Sometimes Carnival drops a price for only a day or two, so it's smart to check every single day.

Actually if the TA is caught giving $100 they could be stopped from selling Carnival again. They can only do this under the table and many have fees to offset it. Then if the price drops, they will remove or reduce the OBC, so beware. I found one who would give $100 OBC .. but luckily I asked about fees, and they had a $100 cancel fee .. so ask all the right questions if you go with a TA.

Carnival now only allows the TA to give perks up to 10% of the fare max I think the terms say .. any TAs who can comment?

Actually if the TA is caught giving $100 they could be stopped from selling Carnival again. They can only do this under the table and many have fees to offset it. Then if the price drops, they will remove or reduce the OBC, so beware. I found one who would give $100 OBC .. but luckily I asked about fees, and they had a $100 cancel fee .. so ask all the right questions if you go with a TA.

Carnival now only allows the TA to give perks up to 10% of the fare max I think the terms say .. any TAs who can comment?

The actual verbiage is five percent of the fare or $25 which ever is lower...

:)

The actual verbiage is five percent of the fare or $25 which ever is lower...

:)

Hey all!

Not sure if I remember seeing this from a on-line TA re. Carnival...

But what about those who offer paid gratuities? Is this allowed or not?

Thanks!

Mike

First time cruiser here... I will be doing a 7 day eastern Caribbean on the Glory in Jan 2013. I paid $764pp ES for a 8C balcony midship on deck 7 empress... price does NOT include tax, tip,etc.... I'm not sure of cruise prices... is this a good deal? Also when should I start looking for price drops? Thanks in advance! :)

Op, I think you got a great deal!! We booked a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Conquest and paid the same price.

Archived