Can we make it onboard and back off in time?

Banana15

We are stopping in Aruba and have reservations to do the Trikes excursion. The excursion runs from 2-5 and we are scheduled to be back to the port at 5:30.

We also have reservations at Passions on the Beach at 6:30. Mapping shows Passions is only a few minutes away, but are we crazy to even think we have enough time to get back on the ship to change clothes and still make it by 6:30?

Has anyone gone to Passions from the port? How long did it take?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why not make reservations for 7pm? That way, you won't have to rush!

I read some peoples comments about 6:30 being the best time to get the better table for a view of the sunset. I've never been before, so I don't know how "bad" seating would be at 7pm.

I definitely would prefer to get there a little later so we'd have time to change.

Is that by taxi?

That is by taxi. If you get there at 7:00 you'll miss the sunset, but all of the tables are in a nice location. The front row might be gone by then, but if you have a reservation, you'll still have a table. There should be a few taxis lined up when you get off of the ship.

That is by taxi. If you get there at 7:00 you'll miss the sunset, but all of the tables are in a nice location. The front row might be gone by then, but if you have a reservation, you'll still have a table. There should be a few taxis lined up when you get off of the ship.

I meant to say that at 7:00 you will still have a nice table. They are all located on the beach, near the shore.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a personal decision. If seeing the sunset is very important to you, then yes. You will probably have opportunities to see the sunset from the ship other times during your trip. If you want to be sure to get there without rushing, then probably no, it's not that important.

• 4 months later...

So I'm getting close to sail date and I have to either confirm or change the time for our reservation. I'm still not sure which to do. I've thought to just bring a change of clothes, but after being on a trike all day and sweating, I'm not sure that's the greatest idea. I've never gotten on a ship and come right back off, so is it something that takes a while or is getting off quicker since there isn't a huge group trying to get off at the same time?

So I'm getting close to sail date and I have to either confirm or change the time for our reservation. I'm still not sure which to do. I've thought to just bring a change of clothes, but after being on a trike all day and sweating, I'm not sure that's the greatest idea. I've never gotten on a ship and come right back off, so is it something that takes a while or is getting off quicker since there isn't a huge group trying to get off at the same time?

I bet you can do it. Getting on and off the ship doesn’t take long unless it’s the very first time off in the morning, or the last group on at night.

If you get there at 5:30, and can change clothes and be out the door by 6, I can’t imagine it would take any longer than a half hour to get to your restaurant; the island isn’t that big.

I wouldn’t spend any time showering though, I would just change clothes, because by the time you walk through the ship, get to your room, change clothes and get back down to the entrance again, your half hour will be pretty much gone.

It’s better to try and make it to the sunset than to give up on it entirely, in my opinion. I also think it’s better to skip the shower in order to make it to the experience, rather than risk missing it because you want to look (or smell) better while doing it [emoji846].

My vote is for the experience, try to make it, and if you don’t, well, they’ll probably fit you in at 7 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bet you can do it. Getting on and off the ship doesn’t take long unless it’s the very first time off in the morning, or the last group on at night.

If you get there at 5:30, and can change clothes and be out the door by 6, I can’t imagine it would take any longer than a half hour to get to your restaurant; the island isn’t that big.

I wouldn’t spend any time showering though, I would just change clothes, because by the time you walk through the ship, get to your room, change clothes and get back down to the entrance again, your half hour will be pretty much gone.

It’s better to try and make it to the sunset than to give up on it entirely, in my opinion. I also think it’s better to skip the shower in order to make it to the experience, rather than risk missing it because you want to look (or smell) better while doing it [emoji846].

My vote is for the experience, try to make it, and if you don’t, well, they’ll probably fit you in at 7 anyway.

I do really want to be able to get a table up front to be there for sunset. It's the only reason I didn't make other plans in Aruba. I feel like we could get onboard and get to the restaurant within an hour, but like you said, I think they may fit us in anyway if we were running a little behind. I just know that on Trikes we're going to be in shorts and sneakers and I really don't think we need to show up to Passions in THAT. -- I thought about just taking a change of clothes, but where the heck would we store them and even better, where are we going to change?

You don't have to get dressy to go to Passions. My husband only wears shorts wherever we dine in Aruba, and we spend several weeks there every year. We rarely see any men in long pants. I usually wear Capri pants to dinner, and some women wear sun dresses. You probably will see some women there in shorts. I just did Trikes two weeks ago. Each trike has a large compartment in the back that is big enough for a beach bag. I would take a change of clothes, definitely a brush , and change in the outdoor bathroom on the beach at Passions, or at their hotel at Amsterdam Manor. Since you are early, I suggest having drinks on the beach at their outdoor bar until time for dinner. You can have the driver from Trikes drop you off right there. They were dropping people off at various places when we were there. Aruba is very casual . You don't really need to go back to the ship.

That might be a better idea (bringing clothes with you and getting there early). Don’t worry too much about looking nice. Nobody there is going to remember you a year from now as the couple who showed up sweaty and sunburned (haha). And you’ll be happier to have had the chance to snag the front table, even if it means you didn’t look as nice as you’d hoped to, versus rushing so you can look nicer, but getting there a little later than you’d hoped and then getting a table in the back.

What’s more important to you, how you’ll be dressed, or where you’ll sit & making sunset? A compromise would be to go back to the ship and hope you get there as planned, but the guaranteed option for the experience is to just go straight there with a backpack with a change of clothes.

Either will work though.

You don't have to get dressy to go to Passions. My husband only wears shorts wherever we dine in Aruba, and we spend several weeks there every year. We rarely see any men in long pants. I usually wear Capri pants to dinner, and some women wear sun dresses. You probably will see some women there in shorts. I just did Trikes two weeks ago. Each trike has a large compartment in the back that is big enough for a beach bag. I would take a change of clothes, definitely a brush , and change in the outdoor bathroom on the beach at Passions, or at their hotel at Amsterdam Manor. Since you are early, I suggest having drinks on the beach at their outdoor bar until time for dinner. You can have the driver from Trikes drop you off right there. They were dropping people off at various places when we were there. Aruba is very casual . You don't really need to go back to the ship.

Wow, so the Trikes people will actually drop us off at the restaurant?? Is it far from where they meet? That would certainly help out a ton. It would also save us some cab money.

Since we are going in the beginning of May...what do you think the odds are that we won't be all sweaty and gross from Trikes?

Wow, so the Trikes people will actually drop us off at the restaurant?? Is it far from where they meet? That would certainly help out a ton. It would also save us some cab money.

Since we are going in the beginning of May...what do you think the odds are that we won't be all sweaty and gross from Trikes?

Haha, that’s a good point, it WILL save you cab money. That option is looking even better now.

I think the odds are low that you won’t be sweaty and gross :( It’ll be hot, and you’ll be out in the open where dirt and stuff in the air will end up sticking to your sunscreen. Maybe bring some make-up wipes. They’re kind of like baby wipes but they work better to clean you off after being sweaty because they have more soap on them than baby wipes (because it helps get makeup off your face). I use them when I go for long hikes and then want to go out for beer or food with friends right afterwards. You could wipe down your faces and arms, and feel refreshed-ish.

I would email them and ask them. They drop people off at various resorts, so I doubt if it would be a problem. If for some reason they say that they can't, just ask them to call you a cab from their office and go to Passions from there. It is less than 10 minutes away. You might be a little sweaty, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just change and enjoy your dinner . You'll be fine.

I MAY be getting too far ahead of myself here, but do any of the bathrooms near Passions have an outdoor shower? I'd even be willing to wear a swimsuit just to rinse off.

I am going to email Trikes and ask...but it would make much more sense to go straight from there to Passions.

One more thing, Trikes stay on the paved roads, so you won't have to worry about dirt and dust.

I just meant the usual dirt and dust that flies in the air on roads in general, especially if they’re following behind other trikes. I didn’t mean to say they would be covered in mud or anything like that [emoji4]. I just feel gritty after being anywhere where there’s wind that might kick up stuff in the air that ends up making you feel sticky after being out all day.