Complimentary boutique wine list

marinaro44

Interesting, but as none of the new offerings are Australian it is not quite working on Quest where the wine is ok at best, not nearly the calibrate of the past offerings

Glad though my earlier posts about changes are now believed and my palate is still on form and not changing

There was one Australian red on this cruise, called Bulletin, or something like that. Not good, though.

There was one Australian red on this cruise, called Bulletin, or something like that. Not good, though.

If it was the Bulletin Place Shiraz it is a very satisfying red wine and has been in the rotation for years. Sorry, but you've lost credibility with me if you think it is "not good."

Depends whether you enjoy Shiraz - it's not to everyone's taste!

There's a difference between "not good" and "not to my taste." I don't care for unblended Cabernets but wouldn't say they are "not good" because of that.

Wine Spectator gave the 2013 Bulletin Place Shiraz a score of 87 ("supple and expressive, with pretty, licorice-accented blackberry and cherry flavors, finishing gently"). On their scale 85-89 is "very good: a wine with special qualities." The 2014 got 88 from Anthony Dias Blue Reviews ("smooth and lush with ripe blackberry, raspberry and spice; soft and bright with fresh, juicy style") and 87 from Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Doesn't sound like "not good" to me.

I'll gladly accept wines scoring in the high 80s on a cruise line's included wine list anytime. I hope this wine remains on Azamara's list.

There's a difference between "not good" and "not to my taste." I don't care for unblended Cabernets but wouldn't say they are "not good" because of that.

Wine Spectator gave the 2013 Bulletin Place Shiraz a score of 87 ("supple and expressive, with pretty, licorice-accented blackberry and cherry flavors, finishing gently"). On their scale 85-89 is "very good: a wine with special qualities." The 2014 got 88 from Anthony Dias Blue Reviews ("smooth and lush with ripe blackberry, raspberry and spice; soft and bright with fresh, juicy style") and 87 from Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Doesn't sound like "not good" to me.

I'll gladly accept wines scoring in the high 80s on a cruise line's included wine list anytime. I hope this wine remains on Azamara's list.

The Bulletin is excellent, I've enjoyed it a number of times on Azamara and even managed to secure a few bottles on a recent Booze Cruise to France last year to imbibe at home.

For our US cousins - Booze Cruise is what we Brits call a day trip on a Ferry or through the Channel Tunnel to purchase wine in France as their duty on wine is a lot less than in the UK!

The Bulletin is excellent, I've enjoyed it a number of times on Azamara and even managed to secure a few bottles on a recent Booze Cruise to France last year to imbibe at home.

For our US cousins - Booze Cruise is what we Brits call a day trip on a Ferry or through the Channel Tunnel to purchase wine in France as their duty on wine is a lot less than in the UK!

Congratulations! I've looked but have never found it. Wine Enthusast calls it a Best Buy, and I'm always looking for "best buys."

Many Brits also make bee-lines for Gibraltar's liquor stores when in port, I've noticed. Smart.