Pride of America 8/26-9/2

froggykat

I don't usually write reviews but there has been so much negativity about the ship and this cruise that I just want to let others know what a wonderful time we had. We started with 3 days in Honolulu and then 7 days on the ship. If you have never been to Hawaii this is the way to get a taste of the beautiful state. We booked all out tours through NCL because I just didn't want the hassle of doing it myself. We (my DH and I) were very happy with all our tours and would do this again. The ship was beautiful - clean and well maintained. We ate almost all our meals in Liberty dining room and loved our wait staff. They were attentive and when my DH didn't like one entree one night no problem brought him another which was hot and reached our table in about 10 minutes. Cabin steward had everything neat and clean. The only changes I would make would be not to take a non stop flight from the east coast - too long and unless the menus change in specialty restaurants (we've been there done that) not necessary to spend the extra money. By the way have an empty water bottle with you and have them fill in restaurants - no one ever said no. I will not pay NCL $6 for a $2 bottle of water - I'd rather spend it on a tour.

We were on the cruise starting 9/2. We had a great time. Ship was great, staff was wonderful (especially Margarita and Pam in the Skyline Restaurant)! We had no issues (other than 1 elevator being especially sensitive to number of people / weight). Go and have fun!

Thanks for the review. We sail next month and are eager to explore Hawaii.

Oh boy, we too will be traveling via nonstop flight from the east coast. :eek:

I plan on packing our travel pillows, eye masks, ear plugs, etc. along with portal chargers for our electronic devises. :D

Thanks for the review. We sail next month and are eager to explore Hawaii.

Oh boy, we too will be traveling via nonstop flight from the east coast. :eek:

I plan on packing our travel pillows, eye masks, ear plugs, etc. along with portal chargers for our electronic devises. :D

LOL - Try flying from New Zealand !!!!:eek::D