early saver

bnorris10

so i have early saver and so far i have never had an issue getting a credit

But yesterday i saw a price drop got my travel agent to call and the lady on the phone said that because the rate was pack and go it could not be price matched because you are giving carnival the ability to pick your cabin - but said as a one time courtesy she would switch me over to that rate but then i would lose my early saver status and my room

It was only $20 so I did not do it - Just trying to find out whats up

That's correct. Normally ES rates cannot be matched to guarantee cabins with the one exception that you mentioned. You would lose your cabin and get put into the pool because the rules of the rate you are matching to prevails. You can't have it both ways meaning keep your cabin and get the lower price of a guarantee.

The pack and go rate doesn't include the credit. Early Saver does. If you switch to that rate you will lose the credit. It makes sense to me. The credit isn't the issue the rate is the issue. That's the benefit of booking early is that you get the credit compared to booking the pack and go.

I gotcha never knew it was excluded .... Will keep that in mind when I look for rate drops in the future still hoping for a deal to come along with some OBC ... But not likely as its labor day weekend LOL