Where to stay near Venice?

ecnirp

Hi

I have found a cruise from/return Venice for 7 days with MSC in August, we (2 adults + 1 child (age 11)), I am looking for a 2 week holiday, I have found good flights from UK to Venice/return, so we are planning to stay in near Venice (easy travel by train etc) for a week before the cruise, is there anywhere within easy travel from Venice where we could stay with a beach/Lake suitable for children? a week in Venice would be abit much, I am looking to travel to Venice the day before cruise departure and stay overnight to easily join the cruise, so we can explore Venice then.

Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like Lake Garda is a good option, car hire is very expensive when I checked a few companies, also driving around Venice area doesn't sound easy as there are so many car restrictions, is it an easy journey by train from Venice? just concerned as we will have cases due to the cruise.

Sounds like Lake Garda is a good option, car hire is very expensive when I checked a few companies, also driving around Venice area doesn't sound easy as there are so many car restrictions, is it an easy journey by train from Venice? just concerned as we will have cases due to the cruise.

Check my answer on your other thread about staying at the Lido di Venezia (not Lido di Jesolo). No worries about cars, trains or luggage. There are reasonably priced hotels even in August, but book as soon as possible.

Check my answer on your other thread about staying at the Lido di Venezia (not Lido di Jesolo). No worries about cars, trains or luggage. There are reasonably priced hotels even in August, but book as soon as possible.

Thanks, Lido di Venezia looks good, we can stay there and jojn the cruise with ease, the logistics of Lake Gardia with the cruise is abit difficult when I have looked into it,

I was concerned to stay in Venice too long due to the costs for transport/dining out etc, but I've found a few nice apartments/B&B type accommodation when we can stay for 4 nights before the cruise, we we can come and go, which really suits us.

A few posts have mentioned buying passes for the boats to get around Venice, how much is transport generally in Venice?

We’re staying in Venice after getting off our Wind Star cruise in June. We booked the Hotel Olimpia as it’s real close to the ports, the Piazzale Roma and easy to catch the bus back to the airport the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I booked the Riviera on the Lido di Venezia for 4 days before the cruise, sounds like a nice hotel close to the water transport, so easy to get ton the Centre and sounds peaceful if we just fancy a quiet day on the beach.

Has anyone got any advice on good places to visit apart from the obvious tourist attractions like Saint Marks/Grand canal, we are there for 4 days , so would like to explore abit, so any recommendations are welcome.