Alesund- Restaurant recommendations

beezer248

We will be in Alesund on the Celebrity Silhouette and would like to have lunch somewhere local in Alesund. Needs to be walking distance from the cruise port. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

We only had drinks so I can't vouch for the food but place where we had coffee and beer at around 1.30 in this (and on the right of the video's thumbnail photo) had what seemed like a very nice restaurant. You can't miss it as it's on the bank as you cross the bridge into the town so you can have a look at the start of your time there. All the best, Tony

1uARNlRnmPQ

We were just in Alesund, and had a fantastic fish and chips lunch at Jats, an outdoor kiosk just at the little bridge as you walk into town. You can’t miss it. (It’s all outdoor seating, so if the weather is bad, this might not work for you.).

Jats bills itself as “probably the best fish and chips in the world.” I can’t speak for the whole world, but I’ve a had a lot of fish and chips, and these were awesome. :D

We were just in Alesund, and had a fantastic fish and chips lunch at Jats, an outdoor kiosk just at the little bridge as you walk into town. You can’t miss it. (It’s all outdoor seating, so if the weather is bad, this might not work for you.).

Jats bills itself as “probably the best fish and chips in the world.” I can’t speak for the whole world, but I’ve a had a lot of fish and chips, and these were awesome. :D

I think it was in Alesund where we walked by a nice looking Italian restaurant where they had a pizza "special" which was one large pizza (I think it was about 40 Centimeters) plus a Carafe of cheap wine for about $55 US (of course it was priced in Krone). But seriously, if you want terrific Sushi (made from really fresh fish) or seafood, and you happen to be there on a day when they are open for lunch (Wed-Sat) then Zuuma is a great choice.

Hank

• Like 1

Oops, it’s Jafs, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

7dc4c3534f827cafbe98e676f5eb6693.jpg

I thought it was funny that even the owner wasn’t sure. Just “probably.” :D