Tour or DIY in Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn

Swindonpete

Thank you. And I have a question. Do you need a chip/pin card? Our US cards have chips but I don't have one with a PIN for use when charging something (only if we want a cash advance on the card).

You don't need a PIN to charge something with an attendant. You only need a PIN at an automated kiosk.

(And, as an aside, unless you are desperate, NEVER take a cash advance on a credit card, especially in foreign currency. :))

You don't need a PIN to charge something with an attendant. You only need a PIN at an automated kiosk.

Thank you

(And, as an aside, unless you are desperate, NEVER take a cash advance on a credit card, especially in foreign currency. :))

Well aware. Which is why I never remember the pin for my credit cards lol Always use my bank ATM card and only withdraw from a bank ATM, not from a service ATM, like Travelex.

Nope, pay for a 24 hour travel card with CC. A 24 hour travel card is 125 SEK (about 14 USD).

Public transport does not (with a few exceptions) accept cash or card payment. Tickets and travel card are bought before hand.

We had an overnight stop in Stockholm, so had 24 hour travel card. You can also get individual tickets with CC at bus stops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums