Santiago Hotel

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:13 AM.
Toronto
877 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Can someone comment on these 2 hotels, please, and their preference or recommendation:
Hotel Orly and Ismael 132.
Both have great reviews. We are just trying to decide which is closer to major attractions and subways as walking too too far is a problem.

Thanks for your feedback.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL: PLATINUM PLUS
RCCL: DIAMOND
CELEBRITY: ELITE

minneapolis,mn
454 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Looking at booking 3 nights in Santiago, using Hotwire. Do I want to stay downtown or in Providencia area?
NYC
121 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
We enjoyed Hotel Ismael during a brief visit 3 years ago. Both modern and cozy. We had a room with a view of the lovely park across the street. As I recall, the breakfast was quite simple but sufficient. We walked everywhere during the day and took cabs in the evening, so I can't provide any insight about public transportation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
90,361 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
You may have done this already but if not I would also check out the reviews on these hotels on Cruise Critic's sister site trip advisor.
Keith
Tucson,Arizona
4,416 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
We stayed twice last Dec (before and after brief jaunts to Easter Island and Patagonia) at the wonderful boutique hotel Le Reve in Providencia. The room was lovely and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I love the quiet little street where the hotel is situated in a very convenient location. They also have a very pretty little garden in the back where you can relax with your breakfast or a glass of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Valparaiso Chile
39 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by dw64
Looking at booking 3 nights in Santiago, using Hotwire. Do I want to stay downtown or in Providencia area?
Providencia Neighborhood is safe and nice,,,,also Bellas Artes / Lastarria Neighborhood,,,best regards
Valparaiso Chile
39 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by dw64
Lasterria is not a location on Hotwire. Downtown or Providencia. That's why I am so confused.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app
I do not recommend the downtown because when the office finish their activities,,all employees go outside the downtown and will be empty and unsafe,,,best regards