San Juan Hotels 11/11/17 Adventure of the Seas

simdog77

FYI! We (and 4 other couples) are sailing from San Juan on 11/11/17 on the Adventure. We had hotel reservations for 11/9 and 10. I called Marriot San Juan Miramar with no answer. Called Marriot reservations as was told the hotel was closed until December (thanks Marriot for letting us know). Asked if they had anything else in the area and was told no. Called Hilton and was also told nothing available in San Juan for the 9th and 10th. Wound up changing flights to arrive on the 11th which we don’t usually fly in the day of the cruise. Call your hotel before you fly! FYI RCI was most helpful when I called to get Port transfers. Can’t wait to cruise!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same exact experience with Embassy Suites on 11/3. Switched our flight to 11/4 without a fee but only had preferred seats left which cost us more $. RCCL was very helpful as well with the transfers. Pictures look like taxis are up and running but kind of had our fill of anxiety with travel arrangements and went the safe route. Our itinerary changed St Maarten to Martinique to St Thomas as well. Was going to bring items to PR but donated $$ and items to my neighborhood drive. Mixed feelings about "vacationing" in PR when others are suffering as we were victims of Sandy and know their heartache first hand.

We are also on the 11/11 sailing and have had to switch our flights from 3 days pre-cruise to arrival at 5pm the night before. We are confirmed at LaConcha (I called the hotel directly) although I was also told that they are now full for the 10th and not accepting reservations. The front desk manager also told me they are running on full power and not a generator. Fingers crossed it all works out for us, otherwise we are on a bench at SJU. The stress of this is really getting to me - we just want to get to the ship.

If it's helpful, we're at the CIQALA Luxury Suites. They are open, call the front desk and talk to them.

http://www.ciqalasuites.com/

Are their good restaurants nearby or on-site? Hoping to buy Diet Pepsi too pre-cruise, any stores nearby (with-in a short walk)? Type of room recommendation?

Are their good restaurants nearby or on-site? Hoping to buy Diet Pepsi too pre-cruise, any stores nearby (with-in a short walk)? Type of room recommendation?

It's our first time there, so we'll be learning as well. We booked a three bedroom presidential suite. It was about the same price as we were paying at the Sheraton. I figure we'll have extra space if someone on our cruise ends up with no accommodations. We're planning on going into OSJ anyway, but, it looks like there are some shops nearby.

I figure we'll have extra space if someone on our cruise ends up with no accommodations. We're planning on going into OSJ anyway, but, it looks like there are some shops nearby.

You know I am on your cruise, right? I will head to your hotel if mine ends up being a bust :o