US Passport for ABC Islands....

djjamesanthony

Question for those of you who have visited Aruba before...The ABC islands are ports of call on my upcoming cruise in two weeks on the Navigator of the Seas. I just noticed that my US passport expires in January 2018. I know some countries have rules that your passport must be within 3-6 months of the expiration date. However, most Caribbean countries I've visited in ports of call they don't even look at your passport. Anyone who's been to the ABC islands have any info? Should I get an expedited passport or will it not be an issue?

Question for those of you who have visited Aruba before...The ABC islands are ports of call on my upcoming cruise in two weeks on the Navigator of the Seas. I just noticed that my US passport expires in January 2018. I know some countries have rules that your passport must be within 3-6 months of the expiration date. However, most Caribbean countries I've visited in ports of call they don't even look at your passport. Anyone who's been to the ABC islands have any info? Should I get an expedited passport or will it not be an issue?

I’m fairly certain you will be just fine. Some countries require 30-60 days remaining when you enter, but they are not in the Caribbean. You can always check on the State Department web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are taking a "closed loop cruise" which begins and ends in Miami. There will be many on your cruise who do not even have Passports as an original birth certificate and government picture ID is all that is necessary. Once you clear the embarkation procedures in Miami, and board your ship, you can lock your Passport in your cabin safe until you return to the USA. Nobody will ask for that document at any of your ports. However, you should always take some kind of government issued picture ID (like a drivers license) as well as your cruise card...when going off the ship.

Hank

Cruise passengers don't need a passport at all to visit those countries. If your almost expired passport is ok to board the ship, then that's all that matters! Bring your DL as ID when you're ashore....you should always have ID on you!