My time dining for 9 of us - on Imagination

I have never cruised with this many people before, with my time dining.

We probably would be eating around 6:30 - 7:00 each night.

Can I make a reservation for all of us each night ? If so, how can I do this before the cruise ?

If all nine of us show up at dining room during those times, is there going to be a long wait to sit together ?

Thank you

Easiest to do assigned dining. No herding of cats, no asking what time does everyone want to eat, no waiting for anyone.

If you do MTD either get there when it opens or 90 minutes later for the large tables to clear. At that point might as well do assigned dining.

Imagination has a decent number of 10 tops in assigned dining. Less in MTD.

Assigned dining is at 6 pm. Probably won’t be eating until 6:30

I have never cruised with this many people before, with my time dining.

We probably would be eating around 6:30 - 7:00 each night.

Can I make a reservation for all of us each night ? If so, how can I do this before the cruise ?

If all nine of us show up at dining room during those times, is there going to be a long wait to sit together ?

Thank you

Hi

No reservations.

I agree if you want to dine together every night, you should try to get a fixed time dining assignment.

You will not have to wait if you arrive earlier, or much later. They start seating at 5:45 p.m., so if you arrive at 6:30 or 7 and the dining room is full, you will have to wait. If you are good with all getting a drink a waiting it out in a nearby lounge, then there is your answer. This will certainly happen on the "elegant" nights, those nights are very busy. The other nights, it will be just a matter of chance whether or you will have to wait.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

We did YTD on the valor on our thanksgiving week cruise with 10 people. The longest wait was for elegant night but that is because the time conflicted with us wanting to meet the captain and we got to the dining room right about 730. Other times, no wait. If you cannot change your dining time, be prepared to split up your party or go as soon as they open. I think the reason why I love YTD is the flexibility to go when we want based on what activities are going on. We used to have late dining and seems like we were always deciding whether to go and rush through dinner or skip the activity. They do have different times for activities but it just seem like more often than not , our beloved MDR meal was in direct conflict with something we wanted to do. We love MDR and the last two cruises, have chosen YTD . I will see how we feel about it going forward since our next three cruises we have YTD with the same size groups again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I definitely recommend trying to get the set early dining time. When we (just a couple) sailed on the Imagination with YTD, we chose to eat in the dining room after the prime dining time, but we still had lengthy waits on 2 of the 4 nights of the cruise. In fact, we were told that the wait on the last night (which was not Elegant Night) would be 45 minutes!!! We bagged the dining room and just had pizza.