Majesty of the seas - questions - new cruiser (redo previous post wrong ship - oops!)

elite.

Hi all.....

Considering booking out of Miami 4/8/2013 and have a few questions. After debating btwn a few ships leaving the 8th out of Miami/Ft Lauderdale area, I think Im going to book a little vaca on the Majesty of the seas. The dates work, more of the choice is because of travel dates along with a visit to a friend in FL as much as that may seem silly. I was debating btwn dates that are convenient for me, vs trying to find just the right ship and honestly picking is so hard I just decided to let my dates do the picking.

I think I am looking at a room on Deck 4 - does anyone know if thats ok as far as noise/location/access to things etc? Traveling cheap, so going to go with an inside room. Any advice would be appreciated.

My last cruse with probably 15 years ago on the grand princess....hopefully ill find this experience a good one too and will appreciate the relaxing time as an adult :).

Also, the tipping thing.....it looks like now they automatically charge tip. Can I back out the tip and just pay my peeps directly, do people still do that?

Im sure I have more questions but for now, really room choice would be helpful or anyone has experience on this ship and where to try to book.

THX

Hi all.....

Considering booking out of Miami 4/8/2013 and have a few questions. After debating btwn a few ships leaving the 8th out of Miami/Ft Lauderdale area, I think Im going to book a little vaca on the Majesty of the seas. The dates work, more of the choice is because of travel dates along with a visit to a friend in FL as much as that may seem silly. I was debating btwn dates that are convenient for me, vs trying to find just the right ship and honestly picking is so hard I just decided to let my dates do the picking.

I think I am looking at a room on Deck 4 - does anyone know if thats ok as far as noise/location/access to things etc? Traveling cheap, so going to go with an inside room. Any advice would be appreciated.

My last cruse with probably 15 years ago on the grand princess....hopefully ill find this experience a good one too and will appreciate the relaxing time as an adult :).

Also, the tipping thing.....it looks like now they automatically charge tip. Can I back out the tip and just pay my peeps directly, do people still do that?

Im sure I have more questions but for now, really room choice would be helpful or anyone has experience on this ship and where to try to book.

THX

Deck 4 is fine, but you may find that an OV on Deck 8 is about the same price, and they are GREAT cabins. Category I.

Try to book one of the cabins with a pink dot.

Sovereign-Majesty-Monarchunobstruct.jpg

Have cruised MOS 7 times over the years. I know to some that sounds like a lot but there are big fans of hers that make my single digit number seem like nothing at all. I love her. She is my favorite ship. Have a lot of great memories on her. Have stayed on deck 4 in the past but have to agree, check out the OV dk 8. You should enjoy your cruise. I love that the MOS has 3 ports/1 each day. Key west is great!!! Lots to see and do. Nassau has history, beaches, scuba, Paradise Island, shopping, Senor Frogs, tons more. And Coco Cay is beautiful!!!! You can kayak, scorkel, lounge in the shade, sunbathe, play in the ocean, float on a mat, visit a bar in the shade, and don't forget the cookout at lunchtime. Have a great cruise.

Just checked it out. Its another 150ish, and it says obstructed view. Kinda wanna keep it on the cheap, does that room change from 4 to 8 really make a big difference?

Well, for one thing, you get a window. The ones with the pink dot are either totally unobstructed or almost unobstructed.

The insides are truly tiny. Are you sailing by yourself?

The few more square feet of the OV make a BIG difference. (again, PUN INTENDED)

:)

Traveling with my girlfriend. Not sure how much time we will be in the room, hoping to be relaxing in the sun ;-) but of course want to be comfortable. Also want a dark peaceful sleep too though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hi all.....

THX

I have had 4098, 4020, 4567 and some on deck 2. Best thing about deck 4 is that is the deck you enter the ship and leave the ship in Miami. Fastest Express debark I ever had was when I was in 4098....with carry on bag only..no checked bags.

I just got off MOS last week and it ranks near the bottom of the 38 cruises I have taken. I looked at the deck plans deck 2 for an interior cabin, then selected view cabin. The cabin shown for THIS SHIP lowest possible category shows a 2 seat sofa and room to walk around both sides of the bed. The actual cabins have no sofa and no room to walk around bed. In fact the bed was bordered on 3 sides by wall so the inside person had to climb over the outside person to get out of bed. There were only 4 drawers and half a closet. The room Stewart left cleaning supplies in the room one day and a dirty sheet on the floor the next, Food in the main dining room was ok but the service was very slow. The photographers was armatures. All the full length pictures stopped in mid calf with an inch or more of space above the heads. Really poor quality. I will never take a 4 day cruise again and will never set foot on the Majesty.

We are sailing on March 29th on the three day cruise. Our cabin number is 5054. Does anyone know if this is a good location? We booked through Travelocity which guaranteed upgrades. I don't know when we would see the upgrade or what they could upgrade us to.

Archived