Dress code for the dining room on non formal nights

I have sailed RCL, Celebrity, and HAL. Jeans are not accepted in the dining room on any night.

During the day, they are fine.

Now, that's not to say people haven't tried to wear them and gotten away with it...

Jeans may be worn on non-formal nights on Royal Caribbean. There is nothing in the guidelines that prohibit jeans. Under a chart showing the number of nights in each category the following appears on Royal Caribbean's website:

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

From experience the smart casual nights may not happen and may be replaced by casual nights depending on the ship. Smart casual is recommended for the specialty restaurants.

My wife and I are cruise Newbies. We will be sailing April 13-17 on RCL Majesty of the Sea. Can jeans be worn in the Dining Room on non formal evenings?

I have sailed RCL, Celebrity, and HAL. Jeans are not accepted in the dining room on any night.

During the day, they are fine.

Now, that's not to say people haven't tried to wear them and gotten away with it...

That is NOT correct. There is nothing in any of the guidelines that say you can't wear jeans. Trust me, jeans and a really cute top with heels will look ALOT better than a polyester pantsuit and crocs that you will see that the wearer will think fits the dress code.

Archived