Carnival Breeze Cabin for 5

Palmita

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 older kids) We are about to book a deluxe ov cabin that will fit all of us in one room. I read that the two twins can be made into a king, but then I have also read that if you are using the 2nd upper (which we will need to do since there are 5 of us), that we won't be able to make the two twins into a king because of the ladder for the upper. Does anyone know if this is true? Can we just opt not to use the ladder for the 2nd upper and have our child get onto the 2nd upper by climbing on the first one? Does anybody have a picture?

Has anyone had 5 people in one of these rooms with the king configuration?

I'm sorry I cannot answer your question directly. I'm sure someone will be along soon who knows the answer. There are a lot of very seasoned cruisers here who can help you.

But I hope you won't mind if I just throw my 2 cents out there. Five in a room seems so crowded to me! Since you mentioned that your kids are "older," have you considered getting two rooms? We have done this before. We get a balcony and put our kids in a much cheaper inside cabin across the hall. You don't have to spring for a balcony. You could do a standard OV for mom and dad, and put the kids in an inside cabin nearby.

If they are old enough to be safe and trusted with this type of arrangement, I would most highly recommend it. I honestly wouldn't even want to think about putting five people in one room. I don't know what cruise you are considering, but just for kicks I went and did a mock booking on a random Breeze sailing next year. It would cost about $800 more to get two rooms (an inside and OV), compared to the cost of a deluxe OV for five of you. Then you have two FULL baths and much more space, and privacy.

That $800 might be a budget buster. I don't know your situation. But if you are spending this much money to go on the cruise, maybe you could find it in your budget to manage the extra room. I think everyone would be so much more comfortable, and it would be money well spent.

Whichever way you decide to go, I hope you have a magnificent cruise.

Happy cruising!

We did the king bed with 2 uppers in a Breeze interior with our 2 teens last year. They put the ladders at the foot of the pullmans. We ended up getting rid of them as our kids could easily get up there without them. Having said that the king bed set up eliminates almost all the walking space.

Instead of doing the same on our following cruise, we "upgraded" to connecting interiors, for about $200 more than had we shared again. Plus we doubled our bathrooms.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes on the deluxe ov you can omit the ladder and push the twins together. they just wind up standing on your bed to get up. works.

go for it and have fun.

ps the uppers are at 90 degrees so you cant just put the ladder at the end of the bed, but you can stand on your bed and get up if you dont mind.

We had this same set up last Summer and it worked great. We just used 1 ladder and the kid on the bed without a ladder crawled over. No big deal. It did not feel too crowded for us—we just pushed the beds up when they weren’t in use!

My wife and I were in 1402 with our three kids (10, 8, 3) for our first cruise last year. It was tight, but you don’t go on a cruise to spend a lot of time in the cabin!

During the day, we folded up the uppers to make it feel less crowded. But we always left the couch as a bed for the little one to nap.

We liked that there were four closets. One for life jackets and extra junk, one for me, one for my wife, and another (with shelves) for the kids.

The extra “bathroom” is really just a sink and shower. But it was nice to have separate space to get ready each morning and night.

Because the king bed is right in front of the window, we didn’t spend much time looking out at the sea as I thought we would.

Our 5 kids where in one and at the time were 14,15,18,19,20. They had plenty of room. Especially nice having the 2nd bathroom to get ready in (of course only one toilet, but 2 shower/sinks). As you could see from above the King style is fine.

Thanks for your messages and pictures. We decided to get two cabins. The Cruise will be the last part off our holiday before we fly back to U.K. , we will be sharing a room for two weeks with 3 teenagers in Orlando. I think we will deserve some privacy