Great Stirrup Cay Cabana prices worth it??

mercedes355

I am travelling to Great Stirrup Cay in March with my husband and 3 children. I wanted to book a cabana for a couple of reasons. We are arriving on the Epic and it is a spring break cruise so I think it will be really crowded on the beach. Second, two of my children are on the autism spectrum. They are high functioning but having our own space would definitely be a positive. Last of all, it sounds awesome being waited on and pampered. Who doesn't love that?

The prices on NCL are $ 549 for a small cabana and $ 599 for a large one. Really?? That seems crazy. I just think of how many other things we could spend that money on but if it will make a big difference for the day, I'll do it. Please share your experience. Was it worth it? It seems like the prices have really gone up lately so obviously they are in high demand. Also, would you recommend the small or large cabanas?

I think it's nuts, too...way too expensive. There are many beach areas. The 1st one you come to will be the most crowded, so you'll want to keep on walking, until you find your perfect spot. We've never felt the need to get a cabana, especially at those prices!

• 2 weeks later...

We thought it was worth it to pay for a small cabana. It was 4 adults and two school aged children. The youngest gets overwhelmed easily and it was nice for her to have a quiet place to retreat to, lay down on the sofa and take a little rest. Can't remember what we paid but it was less than $500 and included some food,bottles of water, a food credit, some floating mats and had a shower behind the cabana.