Vista all inclusive

liberty64

cheers pricing is fleetwide and not specific to ship... so it would be 49.95 per person/per day plus 15% gratuity as of now. it's a while until vista launches so this could of course be subject to change between now and then.

wow that seems quite a lot, especially if you total it up over 8 nights - I wonder what this includes and how much you would have to drink to get your money's worth!!! Don't think it would suit me then as I would not be drinking every day of the cruise :rolleyes:, do you know if you get free coffee/tea/juice on board??

Thanks

it includes up to 15 alcoholic drinks a day, up to 10.00 each. also included is unlimited soda and non-alcoholic frozen drinks (these don't count against the 15 limit).

there's plenty of information on the main carnival forum, go there and search for 'cheers' it's an oft discussed topic. it takes somewhere in the range of 6-8 drinks to 'break even' depending of course on what you drink... the 8.95 alchemy bar cocktails +1.00 for top shelf liquor = 9.95 and breaks even at just about 5. it's not for everybody, you have to do the math as to whether it's for you.

coffee / tea is available on lido deck pretty much always, and available in the dining room too at all meals. juice is free on the lido and in dining rooms in the morning - some report getting it at other meals in the dining room too but i haven't tried. after breakfast the juice on lido is not available, but iced tea and lemonade are. juice is always free 24/7 from room service.

There are lots of threads over on the regular Carnival thread about the Cheers program. While a lot of people get it for 7/8 day cruises, several get it for cruises over 10 days. On Carnival, there is a 15 drink a day limit, and everybody in the cabin over 21, has to purchase it. Depending on what you drink, the break even point on most drinks is about 5-8 a day. There is a max on the drink price also. Nothing over $10 before tip.

I have heard in Europe, it is pretty easy to bring alcohol on from the port stops. In fact, I heard there is a duty free liquor store in Barcelona, after you go through check in.

The Cheers program isn't worth it for me, since I don't really care to drink everyday. There is also the Bon Voyage Dept. that you can purchase liter bottles of alcohol. Though overpriced, it is still cheaper than buying drinks at the bar. I have purchased bottles on several cruises.

Only you know your drinking habits, and what is worth it to you.

Oops, Falkcor and I were posting at the same time

Edited by crzndeb

VAT will be added to cruises that depart from BCN and do not stop in an non EU country. If your cruise stops in Turkey en- route there will be no VAT.

I seem to remember a big discussion on this before. I cannot remember if you are better off buying it before you leave home or outside Spanish waters to avoid the VAT.