Panorama Pictures - Mediterranean Cruise

Paul,

Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous panorama pics. I always enjoy your collections. They are the best. I tried to emulate you on a few of my pictures on our recent British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise. I don't know why I wasted my time. :( They can't compare to what you did in your pics.

Thanks for the compliments.

See: http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/northern_europe

These were taken two summers ago on the Brilliance of the Seas. We just booked the Constellation for next summer to essentially do it again. It's a great itinerary.

Next week we leave for Alaska. I hope I get some good shots to post up when we return.

Most of these pictures were taken with a Canon Powershot S40, long since sold.

I now use a Pentax Optio 555 and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10. The latter has a 12X optical zoom (stabilized) Leica lens, a terrific camera. It's equivalent to a 420mm telephoto in a 35mm film camera.

Here are some shots taken a few months ago with the Panasonic at maximum telephoto at the Hookipa windsurfing beach on the north shore of Maui.

http://pmj.smugmug.com/gallery/99147

Can I borrow it??? Ha! Ha!

We leave for the Med in a month, but I fear my pics won't compare!! I'll just go back and look at yours! It is true that the camera makes all the difference. Thank you for sharing!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed your photos. We will be in the Med in seven weeks time and I'm excited about being able to shoot some panoramas. What programme do you use. I have a Nikon 5700 and use Panorama 3.0 Do you usually shoot in landscape mode or portrait? On our last cruise I shot several pans in portrait and thought that they were actually better than landscape.

Archived