Things to do in CocoCay(8am - 4pm)

tampaite

We aren't really into adventure-type activities(think parasailing, swimming with dolphins etc). Are there any low-key activities or is it just "have a nice beach" day?

Also, with Royal Caribbean - is there an on-site lunch or do we head back to the ship for lunch?

• 2 weeks later...

They do have water-activities, for a fee. You can book them in advance, or simply wait and see if you want to do it once you're there. Things like wave runners are a "follow the leader" tour...you can't just rent them and do your own thing.

• 1 month later...

They have a bbq lunch--ribs, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, fruit and some things like that. No need to go back to the ship. You'll have to take a "tender" over to CocoCay, so it's kind of a hassle to go back and forth. You'll want to bring everything with you.

I like to rent a beach lounger. They are located on the quieter side and have a bar right next to them--plus you have shade.

You can rent kayaks, but I think you have to do a guided tour--I'm not 100% sure on that. You may be able to rent them by the hour.

I love Coco Cay as a quiet beach day.

• 1 month later...

When I was there with our group of 10 in November of 2016, some of us rented snorkel equipment for pretty cheap (I can't remember the price, it was definitely under $20, and maybe under $10). There are a series of "shipwrecks" and sunken small airplanes dotted all through the cove, some closer and some further away, and interspersed with docks you can rest on. We had a ton of fun moving from spot to spot, looking at the sea life. I would wait to book anything until you are there though; we almost didn't make it to the island because the seas were so choppy in the morning. We were below decks waiting in that line FOREVER. Still, I guess we were one of the lucky ones because I hear a lot of people don't get to disembark there at all.