Booked yesterday and have question about the dining on Silhouette, please.

can'twaittogoagain

I have read and researched and haven't tried to pre-register yet. This is my question:

We did not choose to dine at a specific seating. I think it is called "Anytime Dining?" At any rate, are we expected to make reservations in advance if we choose to eat in the Main Dining Room? We have an Aqua category cabin, and I understand we will have access to a restaurant, "Blu." Can one just show up there without booking in advance for breakfast and dinner? Clearly the specialty restaurants would be booked in advance.

One other question: I believe I read somewhere that if I booked a spa treatment of dining venue ahead of boarding the ship, we will not be able to use the monetary perk offered by Celebrity, or the shipboard credit offered by our travel agent???

It's confusing.

Thanks, Cinda. aka can'twaittogoagain!

For Blu, just show up. It is the assigned restaurant to Aqua cabins.

You can use the Celebrity offered ship board credit for many things in advance, now. You may not be able to book spa appointments until closer to your trip, and you may have to contact Canyon Ranch directly.

I was able to use my Celebrity offered ship board credit for specialty dining, an Alcove, photo package and excursion 6 - 8 months in advance. I won't see the ship board credit offered by my travel agent until a day or two into the cruise.

Blu is your assigned dining room and there are no reservations. Just show up when you want for breakfast and dinner.

Should you want to eat in the MDR let the Blu staff know in advance. You would go to the Select Dining area in the MDR.

We've never book spa reservations in advance so can't help you with the OBC question. If you want to pre book specialty restaurants or shore excursions you can use your OBC.

The Blu is your "assigned" restaurant and is open seating - does not take reservations. Those of us that love the Blu feel that its intimacy and quality of food and service rival that of a specialty restaurant. If you arrive around opening time or later in the evening there will be no wait. But if you come at peak times, the will give you a beeper and you might have to wait 5 or 10 minutes.

You can compare menues and if you happen to prefer the MDR some evening, you can also dine in the MDR open seating.