Connecting Rooms with a 3 year old on Independence of the Seas

lidolovers

Hi, we will be cruising on the Independence of the Seas in Jan and have two connecting inside cabins so we can put our 3 year old to sleep early in the room.

I am curious where the door placement is, and if it can be propped open at night without too much swinging around as I do want to keep the door open a little bit so we can hear if he needs us or not. He is light sleeper so there is no way he could ever sleep in the same room as us and the prices were pretty good to get two cabins connecting like this. Great for his nap times too.

Does anyone have any pictures of a cabin like this? or know if it is possible to keep the door ajar a little?

Thanks!

Actually, it's RCI....and the door should stay open without propping, unless it's rough! I'm not sure where the door is....sometimes, it's near the closet, and sometimes, it's closer to the end of the vanity....but either way, the door can stay opened, or closed or something in between...whatever you want.

We had 2 connecting rooms on our Indy sailing and the door is just below the bed,.... kind of just the sitting room side of the curtain that you can pull to separate the bed from the sitting room.

In both connecting rooms there was an armchair as opposed to a 2 seater and the door was between the armchair and the bed ... so when you walked in you had the bathroom, then the chair, then the door and then the bed ... I hope that makes sense!

And yes, absolutely no problem keeping the door ajar or open ... oh and soooo much room with 2 cabins and 2 bathrooms ... you will love it!!

Take a couple of rubber door-stops/wedges. Put one on either side of the door, and it will stay open and secure in any position.

We just used a shoe placed between the door frame and door to be 100% certain :p .... but really we didn't need anything as the door never moved :)

Archived