Beers Beyond the Norm on the Nieuw Amsterdam?

apljacker

I sailed on RC several years ago and was thrilled to find at least a half a dozen or more quality craft and imported beers at various locations upon the ship, such as high-end La Fin Du Monde, Sierra Pale Ale, Goose Island IPA, and more! 3 years later we are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I've found their beer menu online and was so disappointed. Do they have any surprises better than what's on their printed menu? Big thanks for your input.

I sailed on RC several years ago and was thrilled to find at least a half a dozen or more quality craft and imported beers at various locations upon the ship, such as high-end La Fin Du Monde, Sierra Pale Ale, Goose Island IPA, and more! 3 years later we are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I've found their beer menu online and was so disappointed. Do they have any surprises better than what's on their printed menu? Big thanks for your input.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and your first HAL cruise.

HAL has a special bar menu for Alaska that adds some IPAs from Alaska Brewing Company - see Page 2 of this Alaska menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Alaska-Bar-Menu.pdf

Kdam had a nice selection of beers, but I can't remember most of the labels. The one I really liked, though, was Lagunitas Little Sumpin ale. I also remember Boddingtons. For some reason, these beers weren't on the menus, but they were clearly displayed at the bars. I'd like to think these beers are available on all or most HAL ships, but I don't know for sure.

Someone posted a recent drinks menu from the Nieuw Amsterdam (November 2017) on another site. The craft beers offered included:

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA 6.95

Anchor Brewing Steam 7.25

Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale IPA 7.25

Lagunitas Lil' Somethin' Pale Wheat Ale 7.95

Rogue Dead Guy Ale 8.95

Unibroue Fin du Monde Triple 8.95

Among the better mass market varieties:

Boddington Pub Ale 6.25

Grolsch 7.25

Blue Moon 5.95

Sam Adams Boston Lager 5.95

Guinness 6.25